March 20, 2015 | 52 minutes, 32 seconds
Just like adults, kids already have a constitution, or dosha, that they come into the world with. This is called their prakruti, or true nature. Honoring a child’s prakruti can mean the difference between having a stressed, anxious child, and experiencing the joy of your child in their balanced state.
It’s important to keep in mind that, while there are 3 basic doshas, most people (including children) are a particular combination of the 3, usually with 1 or 2 of the doshas standing out above the rest.
When we come from the perspective of understanding your child’s dosha, we realize that every child is different, and instead of demanding them to be different, we can better understand them and help them excel at the things they are naturally good at, and avoid the humiliation of letting them fail at something they are not naturally predisposed to be good at.
- Soothe Your Sinuses & Cleanse Your Mind: Meet The Dynamic Duo
- Drink This and Sleep Like a Baby – It’s Delicious!
- Healthy Sugar for Your Teeth
- 5 Back-to-School Tips Every Parent Must Know
- Three Ninjas for Immunity
- Decode Your Children
- College Survival Kit – Help Your Student Thrive
- Energy Drinks: A Dangerous Experiment
- 5 Ways to Get Old Fast