July 10, 2017 | 61 minutes, 38 seconds
A core principle of healing and wellness in Ayurveda is understanding the connection between one’s body type and mother nature. There are 3 main body types also known as doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. The three body types are reflections of the qualities of nature: Vata = air & ether, Pitta = fire & water, Kapha = earth & water.
Every season, there is an accumulation of the extreme properties of that season. During the summer, heat or “pitta” accumulates. As the heat accumulates in August and September, we begin to dry out and overheat.
Becoming aware of how the accumulated heat of summer can put you at risk for constipation in November, sleep concerns in December, mood imbalances in January, vata imbalance in February or acute sensitivity to environmental irritants next spring is critical to maintaining optimal health. As we enter summer, learn how, why and when to cool and balance your pitta to prevent a host of seasonal health imbalances in the months to come.
To get the most out of this podcast, take our Body Type Questionnaire so you can create a personalized plan according to your predominant body type.
In This Article
Related Programs & eCourses
- Ayurveda 101 – Summer (Pitta) Session
- The 3-Season Diet Challenge
- 6-week Meditation eCourse: Transformational Awareness
- Balance Your Pitta This Summer
- Gut Health by Body Type (Vata, Pitta, Kapha)
- The Benefits of Cilantro and Coriander
- Bitter Is Better
- Yoga For Pain, Pleasure and Life
- Live with the Natural Cycles
- Reset Your Circadian Rhythms with a Plant-Based Diet
- One Minute Meditation