In This Article
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 medium-size), thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches watercress (about 3 cups), rinsed and chopped, tough stems discarded
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Coat four 1/2 – cup ramekins or oven-safe coffee mugs with ghee or coconut oil.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat with ghee or coconut oil, add the zucchini and reduce to medium heat.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until the zucchini starts to brown. Set the skillet aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the whole eggs, egg whites, cilantro, goat cheese, flour, baking powder, salt, and zucchini, and mix until well combined.
- Divide the egg mixture among the 4 ramekins, and bake 12 to 14 minutes, until the soufflés are puffed and no longer runny in the center.
- Divide the watercress among 4 plates. Drizzle with the olive oil. Serve immediately with the soufflés.
This recipe is from the 3-Season Diet Challenge – a 12-month guide to eating with the seasons as nature intended. This FREE program takes you through a year of eating seasonally with month-to-month support and guidance. You can start the challenge anytime throughout the year. >>> Learn more and sign up here!
What did you think of this recipe? Have any tips or tricks to share?