Love, sex and yoga: transforming our approach to them holds a key to healing old wounds and retraining the neural patterns that run our lives. But how do we connect this ancient wisdom to our modern cultures and lives? Join me on this one-hour journey into some of the most intriguing and life-changing corners of Ayurvedic psychology.
Watch the Podcast: Love, Sex and Yoga
Download the Podcast: Love, Sex and Yoga
Air Date: June 9, 2014
Download mp3 (right-click here and select ‘save’)
- Love, Sex and Yoga
- Love Unconditionally on the Road Less Travelled
- Got Ojas? Nourish Your Vitality
- Get High on Massage
- What’s Your Emotional Footprint this Season?
Sex can use and/or deplete ojas according to Ayurveda. Ojas is the end product of 30 days of subtle digestion. Reproductive tissue like the sperm and ovum are converted into ojas when they are in excess. Ojas is vitality, longevity and immunity fluid according to Ayurveda.
Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) is perhaps the most important herb for women in the Ayurvedic herbal apothecary. The word Shatavari means “a woman with one hundred husbands, hinting at the traditional use of this herb to support and tonify the female reproductive system.
Ojas Nightly Tonic: According to Ayurveda, chronic or excessive stress depletes a precious substance in the body called ojas (OH-jas). When ojas is depleted, either from lack of sleep, poor digestion, or excessive activity, the body may break down. To rebuild ojas, drink one cup of the Ojas Nightly Tonic per day.
Ashwagandha, (withania somnifera), also known as Winter Cherry, is becoming a favorite adaptogen with many Western herbalists because of its unique properties. Translated, it means “the sweat or strength of ten horses,” alluding to its deeply nourishing and stabilizing properties.
Perfect Health for Kids (paperback, 367 pages)unveils little-known secrets every parent should know, including ways to help you treat your kids proactively—while they’re healthy—to prevent colds, earaches, and even the flu weeks before these ailments actually show up. Using time-tested and scientifically proven Ayurvedic principles, you can do more than just treat symptoms; you can get to the root cause of childhood weight gain, ADD, asthma, allergies, tummy aches, and more.
Joan Harrigan’s book, Kundalini Vidya the Science of Spiritual Transformation
Additional Ojas-Builders Not Mentioned:
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- The podcast will be available to watch, listen to and download anytime after the air date on this page.
- To receive an email reminder at the time of the airing of a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.
- Subscribe: via iTunes | via RSS feed | via Email Newsletter
- iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating! Here’s how to do it:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast that you want to listen to, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.