Do you love Ayurveda, yoga, and natural health? Are you passionate about using creative digital marketing and branding to make the world a better place?
In this position, you will edit all LifeSpa material (mostly health-related articles). You will manage the LifeSpa website, overseeing website elements, layout, and user experience. Thirdly, you will be head of email marketing, creating regular weekly emails, special campaigns and sales, and growing our robust email list.
Knowledge and passion for Ayurveda, herbs, or natural healthcare is a huge plus and will make your job more enjoyable, as will a familiarity with web copywriting and a love for crafting language.
In this position, you will learn something new about natural health every day and you will know that your efforts are making the ancient wisdom and modern science of health and wellness accessible to those who need it.
- Editor: Edit all web and print promotional material for grammar, spelling, flow, accuracy, and readability, primarily numerous health-related blog posts per week
- Website Manager: Manage branding, layout, blog, and user experience
- Digital Marketer: Write web copy, create graphic and web design, consult on social media strategy, build audience / platform
This is a full-time position, 35 -40 hours/week on average with minimum office coverage between the office’s open hours of M-TH 9-5pm and Friday 9-3pm.
In This Article
Edit for clarity, concision, spelling, grammar, tone, brand, accuracy, and accessibility
- Multiple health articles per week
- Promotional graphics
- Landing pages
- Product labels
- Printed promotional material
- Any other LifeSpa copy
- Manage editorial flow
- Manage editorial content calendar
- Web copywriting
- Manage email marketing calendar, strategy, and implementation (via InfusionSoft by Keap) – this includes regular weekly emails as well as campaigns related to sales, eCourses, announcements, etc.
- Optimize website and eCourse user experience
- Branding: shape and maintain consistency in LifeSpa tone and messaging across all media channels
- Create graphics for website and emails
- Strategize to grow platform: email list, social media followers, website visitors
- Consult on social media strategy and content
- Source artwork for promotional material
- Manage our group events and campaigns across our digital platforms: promotion, user experience, and customer service
- Manage third-party affiliate program accounts
- Craft and submit content for other websites
- Work closely with Marketing + Design Associate to create marketing materials
- Keep up to date on content marketing strategy and best practices
- Schedule, develop, and publish all articles and events
- Maintain content of LifeSpa.com, lifespa.customerhub.net, and store.lifespa.com (via WordPress)
- Optimize website SEO
- Analyze website traffic data (via Google Analytics)
- Consult on website design and user experience
- Create and upload timely graphics and landing pages
- Design and consult on graphics with Marketing + Design Associate
- Minimum 2 years in a related field.
- High-level editorial and writing skills
- Bachelor or higher degree in relevant field (Journalism, Marketing, English or related communications field) or 4 years related experience
- Email marketing experience (knowledge of InsfusionSoft by Keap particularly helpful)
- Ability to manage and maintain a tight production schedule
- Experience with WordPress and Google Analytics would be helpful
- Digital marketing experience
- Knowledge and experience with holistic/natural lifestyle is important.
- Familiarity with structure/function concepts and practice (FDA, DSHEA) would be extremely beneficial
- This position requires exceptional project management, communication, leadership skills, a team player attitude and the ability to work harmoniously with others
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Better than average skills in windows and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Typing: 50+ wpm and data entry
The starting wage is based on experience.
Benefits (after 3months):
- Holiday and vacation PTO
- Generous 100% premium paid Health Insurance plan with HSA and Dental
- LSA (LifeSpa Savings Account) – pre-paid spending account for LifeSpa purchases.
- Ayurvedic Consultations when and as needed for employee. 40% discount for spouses and children
- 40% discount on all retail products
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right member for our team, please send your application via email to Helen@lifespa.com
Application to include:
- Cover letter
- A short description of why Ayurveda, or Natural Health in general, is of interest to you.
- Completed Employment Application (located here: Application)
6662 Gunpark Dr East, Ste 102, Boulder, CO 80301
Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP is a globally recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda, and sports medicine. He is the creator of LifeSpa.com, the leading Ayurvedic health and wellness resource on the web, with thousands of free articles, eBooks, and videos. With 9.9M+ YouTube views and over 105k newsletter subscribers, LifeSpa is evolving the way Ayurveda is understood around the world, joining ancient wisdom with modern science.
Former Director of Player Development for the New Jersey Nets NBA team, Dr. John is also a repeat guest on the Dr. Oz show. Author of seven health books (including bestsellers Eat Wheat and The 3-Season Diet), seven online courses (including Yoga Journal’s Ayurveda 201 on Ayurvedic psychology), he directs LifeSpa Ayurvedic Clinic, the 2013 Holistic Wellness Center of the Year in Boulder, CO
We are a close knit team of committed and devoted office staff who are eager to welcome a new member to our team. We pride ourselves in creating a supportive team environment where we feel inspired about our contribution to LifeSpa’s mission and values, which are as follows:
• We provide the empowering knowledge of alternative health
to the masses.
• We work as a team toward common goals with a spirit of respect, cooperation and collaboration.
• We encourage creativity, change and innovation without fear of failure.
• We are committed to integrity and a compassionate/nurturing professionalism.
• We practice harmony in our interactions with each other and our clients, resources and environment.
• We take the initiative to grow personally, professionally and for LifeSpa as a whole.