Do you love Ayurveda, yoga, and natural health? Are you passionate about using your social media, community engagement, and design skills to make the world a better place?
In this position, you will lead LifeSpa’s community engagement efforts. You’ll manage our social media channels, affiliate and ambassador programs, and our founder’s public relations and appearances, including podcasts and events. You will also manage the design of creative for social media graphics, websites, promotional email campaigns, and other digital marketing collateral.
Knowledge of and a passion for Ayurveda, herbs, and/or natural healthcare is a huge plus and will make your job more enjoyable. Every day on the job, you’ll learn something new about natural health and you’ll know that your efforts are making the ancient wisdom and modern science of wellness accessible to those who need it.
Assist in LifeSpa’s overall marketing strategy by coordinating and managing all community communications, including, but not limited to, social media, affiliate relationships, outreach coordination, speaking engagements, and content creation. A critical part of this role is the creation of engaging online graphics.
- Social Media: Set, plan, and implement social media communication campaigns and strategies.
- Public Relations + Outreach: Manage and coordinate public relations and speaking engagement opportunities in both directions.
- Design: Deliver effective, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for social media graphics, websites, promotional email campaigns, and other digital marketing collateral.
This is a full-time position, 35-40 hours/week on average.
In This Article
- Drive our social media presence across all relevant channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Provide engaging text, image, and video content for all social media and professional accounts.
- Engage on all social media channels, sharing content and providing customer service as needed, and in a timely manner.
- Develop consistent and relevant traffic leads from our social network presence and consistently explore new ways to reach and engage our target audience.
- Stay up to date with digital technology trends, and advise on new social media platforms and emerging best practices to achieve LifeSpa marketing goals.
- Monitor, track, analyze, and report across all channels;
- Evaluate market reaction to social media campaigns.
PUBLIC RELATIONS + OUTREACH
- Engage in regular media pitching and outreach in an effort to connect with influential media outlets to raise the profile of LifeSpa.
- Identify, coordinate, and solicit cross-promotional opportunities, social media influencers, affiliates, and partnerships for programs, eCourses, etc.
- Engage and respond to all external media requests.
- Identify, manage, schedule, and coordinate LifeSpa podcasts and external podcast opportunities.
- Coordinate involvement in community organizations and events, including writing proposals.
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing marketing strategies and objectives for LifeSpa.
- Add public events to website and appropriate social media outlets.
- Collaborate on email marketing.
- Analyze and run reports for speaking engagement conversion.
- Keep up to date on content marketing strategy and best practices
- Plan and oversee the creative process for design projects, including print layout, web and email graphics, social media graphics, promotions, video graphics, infographics, illustrations, brand development, and more.
- Assist in transforming existing content into new content in the form of infographics, blogs, etc. to continually develop LifeSpa’s inbound content marketing strategy.
- Maintain and create social media banners for podcasts and other upcoming events
- Keep up with current design trends.
- Minimum 2 years in a related field
- Social media,marketing, and/or community engagement experience is a must
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant field (Journalism, Marketing, English, or related communications field) or 3 years related experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Graphic design experience is essential
- Attention to detail, with the ability to think strategically and drive issues to conclusion
- Knowledge and experience with Ayurveda and/or a holistic/natural lifestyle
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites
- A team-player attitude and ability to work harmoniously with others
- Digital marketing experience
- Familiarity with WordPress would be ideal but not essential
- This position requires exceptional project management and communication skills
- Better than average skills in Windows and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Typing: 50+ wpm and data entry
The starting wage is based on experience.
Benefits (after 3months):
- Holiday and vacation PTO
- Generous 100% premium paid Health Insurance plan with HSA and Dental
- LSA (LifeSpa Savings Account) – pre-paid spending account for LifeSpa purchases.
- Ayurvedic Consultations when and as needed for employee. 40% discount for spouses and children
- 40% discount on all retail products
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right member for our team, please send your application via email to Helen@lifespa.com
Application to include:
- Cover letter
- A short description of why Ayurveda, or Natural Health in general, is of interest to you.
- Completed Employment Application (located here: Application)
6662 Gunpark Dr East, Ste 102, Boulder, CO 80301
Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP is a globally recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda, and sports medicine. He is the creator of LifeSpa.com, the leading Ayurvedic health and wellness resource on the web, with thousands of free articles, eBooks, and videos. With 9.9M+ YouTube views and over 105k newsletter subscribers, LifeSpa is evolving the way Ayurveda is understood around the world, joining ancient wisdom with modern science.
Former Director of Player Development for the New Jersey Nets NBA team, Dr. John is also a repeat guest on the Dr. Oz show. Author of seven health books (including bestsellers Eat Wheat and The 3-Season Diet), seven online courses (including Yoga Journal’s Ayurveda 201 on Ayurvedic psychology), he directs LifeSpa Ayurvedic Clinic, the 2013 Holistic Wellness Center of the Year in Boulder, CO
We are a close knit team of committed and devoted office staff who are eager to welcome a new member to our team. We pride ourselves in creating a supportive team environment where we feel inspired about our contribution to LifeSpa’s mission and values, which are as follows:
• We provide the empowering knowledge of alternative health
to the masses.
• We work as a team toward common goals with a spirit of respect, cooperation and collaboration.
• We encourage creativity, change and innovation without fear of failure.
• We are committed to integrity and a compassionate/nurturing professionalism.
• We practice harmony in our interactions with each other and our clients, resources and environment.
• We take the initiative to grow personally, professionally and for LifeSpa as a whole.