Introducing our newest mini-eBook… This easy-to-read, colorful guide will become your go-to, bedside resource for getting the best sleep of your life. Those of us who struggle with getting a good night’s rest will try just about anything. Sedatives, be they herbal or pharmaceutical, may only be sedating an already sedated or exhausted person—offering short-term,
In this article, I’ll discuss the best way to troubleshoot the digestive system and help you identify the best herbs for your digestive symptoms, with the ultimate goal of restoring balance. With 74% of the American population experiencing digestive distress, (1) I write this with a touch of urgency. Assess Your Elimination You should have
Lurking below the radar of the average annual blood test are the insidious health concerns of high uric acid levels – which now affects 21 percent of all Americans. (1) Most doctor’s only check uric acid levels when a patient comes in complaining of swollen, painful joints most commonly in the area of the big
Average Reading Time: 3 minutes and 48 seconds There is strong evidence to suggest that psychological stress has marked impact on gastrointestinal health and digestion. Stress is processed through the intestinal tract where 95 percent of the body’s serotonin and other neurotransmitters are manufactured and stored –leaving only 5 percent of the body’s serotonin in
While we all look forward to a summer vacation, many folks dread the travel. From an Ayurvedic perspective, the vata dosha (or air energy) can easily become disturbed from flying or while traveling. A new branch of medicine called Circadian Medicine has measured the negative effect of travel stress (vata imbalance) on the nervous system.
Average Reading Time: 7 minutes and 24 seconds With spring upon us, this is the time to reset our ability to burn fat. Each season and its harvest has an important role in maintaining good health. Winter stores fat, proteins, vitamins and minerals to rebuild and insulate. Spring, as illustrated by its low fat harvest
As I discussed in my previous two articles on eye health, “Home Eye & Vision Care: Foods, Herbs and Lifestyle” and “Ayurvedic Eye Treatment for Tired Eyes,” the lymphatic drainage of the eye muscles is critical for the precision contraction and expansion of these muscles. When these become congested it can result in diminished precision
Average Reading Time: 3 minutes and 59 seconds In addition to including lutein-rich, lymphatic-moving foods in the diet and the eye health strategies I discussed in a previous newsletter, there are two traditional practices that you can do at home to support your eyes that I will be discussing in this blog and an upcoming