By LifeSpa Staff
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 0 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Fresh Lime Juice – ½ cup
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon, minced or pressed
- Jalapeno Pepper – 1 tablespoon, minced
- Sunflower Seed Butter (unsweetened) – 1 tablespoon
- Pansy Flowers – 30 healthy looking blossoms, cleaned and inspected for bugs
- Green or Red Lettuce – 10 large leaves, cleaned
- Avocados – 2 medium sized, sliced in thin strips
- Carrots – ¾ cup, julienned
- Cucumber – ¾ cup, julienned
- Fresh Basil Leaves –3/4 cup, finely chopped
- Fresh Mint Leaves – ½ cup, finely chopped
- 20 rice paper rounds, 6 – 8 inches in diameter
- In a bowl, stir together the lime juice, honey, garlic, jalapeno pepper, and sunflower seed butter and set aside.
- Set up your work station for assembling the spring rolls by placing your plates or bowls of pansies, lettuce leaves, avocado, carrots, cucumber, basil and mint in a row. Place a wide, shallow bowl of warm water on at your work station. Lay a clean kitchen towel next to the bowl.
- Dip 1 rice paper wrapper into the water for a few seconds until it softens. Lay it flat on the towel.
- Dip a second rice paper wrapper into the water to soften and then set it directly on the first rice paper wrap. Use a second towel to pat dry.
- Arrange 3 pansies in a row face down on the wraps.
- Center a lettuce leaf on top of the pansy row and stacked rice papers.
- Beginning about 1/3 of the way in from the edge of the wrapper and arrange about one tenth of the avocado, carrots, cucumber, basil and mind on the lettuce.
- Fold one long side of the rice paper up and over the filling and then roll once to form a tight cylinder. Fold in the ends of the rice paper and continue to roll the paper and filling into a tight cylinder.
- Place the roll, seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining rice paper and filling ingredients to make 10 beautiful rolls.
- Use a sharp knife to cut rolls in half at a diagonal.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
This recipe is from the 3-Season Diet Challenge – a 12-month guide to eating with the seasons as nature intended. This FREE program takes you through a year of eating seasonally with month-to-month support and guidance. You can start the challenge anytime throughout the year. >>> Learn more and sign up here!
What did you think of this recipe? Have any tips or tricks to share?