Do you struggle to get through your day?
Are you stressed out, tense and worried?
Do you have a hard time sleeping?
Do you feel heavy and dense?
Are you moody or grumpy?
Many of us feel overwhelmed and helpless. We worry about our health. We can’t find enough time in the day to do what really matters most to us. We feel out of touch with our true nature, which is great health, joy and love. We wonder, “Is this all there is to life?” We look for ways to feel better, often using food, TV, substances, sugar, the internet or other distractions to hide from our discomfort.
Start feeling better today!
Take the 28-Day Ayurveda Challenge Online eCourse
But what we really want is to feel whole again.
In just 20-30 minutes a day, no matter how busy you are, you can:
- feel healthier
- have more energy
- enjoy a better mood
- be stress free
- have improved digestion
- experience fewer colds and flus
- live more authentically
- feel more loving
- achieve more of your goals and dreams
- have the desire to stay on track towards a healthier life
- sleep better
- be more patient
- increase intuition and trust
It is possible for you to be calm, vibrant and healthy.
Our goal is for you to finish the 28-Day Ayurveda Challenge with a natural motivation to continue a more balanced lifestyle for years to come.
Change your routine, Change your life
What is the Ayurveda Challenge?
The Ayurveda Challenge is a 28-day self-directed online course that you do each day, at your own convenience. It is like having a month-long private workshop with me that you can do easily from home.
Each day you will receive a new Challenge. A Challenge is a lifestyle technique that has its roots in the ancient science of Ayurveda. The word Ayur means “Life” and Veda means “Truth,” so Ayurveda is about letting the Truth of your Life, or the truth of you, out. It is a personal journey towards becoming free from physical imbalance and the illusions of the mind. In Ayurveda, it is considered essential to practice a daily routine because it can help you live from your heart and have a quiet mind.
If you need to skip a day, no worries. You are in control. You can do the Ayurveda Challenge at your own pace.
By the end of the Ayurveda Challenge, you will effortlessly integrate a 20-30 minute daily routine that is simple, pleasurable and powerful. You will quickly begin to feel more calm, focused and energetic. This way of life will not be a chore or something you feel you “have to do”. You will easily be motivated to do your daily routine because the rewards far outweigh the small time investment.
Each day you will learn a new Challenge to incorporate into your daily routine that relieves stress, promotes health, and quiets the mind. Each Challenge is based on the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda and over 25 years of successfully helping my patients improve their health, decrease stress and bring more joy and peace into their lives.
I have modernized each Challenge so you can easily do it, no matter how busy you are or where you are. Traditionally, Ayurveda required complete devotion to hours of meditation, preparation of foods and medicines and other practices. I run a health clinic, a retreat center, an international herbal company, and have 6 children. I know what it is like to be busy, which is why I have distilled Ayurvedic wisdom into the most beneficial self care practices and made them easy and quick for you.
To make it effortless for you, I explain each Challenge with a bite-sized article, short video and bonus tip sheets:
- Daily Videos: During each video, I demonstrate that day’s Challenge and guide you through it, so it quickly becomes second nature. Each video is like having a private seminar with me.
- Daily Articles: Each article dives into the knowledge and wisdom behind each Challenge.
- Bonus Tip Sheets: These bonus PDFs contain a summary of the benefits and the most important tips to successfully integrate each Challenge. Printed and posted on your fridge, bathroom mirror or office desk, these are very helpful reminders to keep you organized and on track.
You can start immediately or wait to start at a time that works best for you. You can also stop and re-start the Ayurveda Challenge at anytime, and repeat it as often as you like.
All you need is a few minutes a day.
You only need a few minutes each day to learn about and practice that day’s activity.
By the end of the Ayurveda Challenge you will spend 20-30 minutes per day following your new daily routine.
When you feel healthier, stronger and happier you actually gain more time. Instead of wasting time being scattered, distracted or tired, you will finally have time to do more of what matters to you.
What would it be like to truly be stress-free?
According to Ayurveda, the goal is not just a well-oiled physical body. Bringing the body into balance is a means to an end. As we get tired and our digestion slows down, we battle mood, energy, aging and a multitude of physical ailments. The body becomes dense, heavy and non-responsive.
The goal of Ayurveda is to remove the density of the physical body and restore optimal physical health so that we can gain mental and spiritual clarity.
At a very young age, the heart employs the mind to protect you from difficult feelings and make you feel safe. It does this by using the emotions and the senses – and even creates a brand new personality designed to make folks like you more. For example, maybe you became a straight-A student, a perfectionist, a pleaser, a control freak, a little thorny, shy, or extroverted in order to seek the approval of others.
Each of these personality traits requires energy to maintain and will deplete and exhaust the nervous system over time. Ultimately, this drives stress into the physical body and compromises its function.
Joy and happiness is the ultimate goal.
My goal is to bring your body back into balance so you can gain the clarity needed to see the personality traits or the illusions your mind has created. Then, with this clarity, you can take the necessary action steps to free yourself from old patterns that drive you to react to the same old stressors in the same old way you have been doing for years.
This Challenge will help boost self-awareness and allow us to make transformational changes that replace old protective patterns with a more authentic, loving, joyful and more powerful version of yourself.
First the body, then the mind, then the spirit = joy and happiness! Change your routine, Change your life.
Why did I create this Challenge?
I created the Ayurveda Challenge so that I can help more people. In my practice, although I try to see as many patients as I can, most have to wait a few months to have a consult with me. During each consult, I only have enough time to pass on just a few of these Ayurvedic lifestyle techniques, or Challenges. Though the Ayurveda Challenge costs less than an hour consultation with me, you will receive more guidelines and knowledge than I could ever give you during one consultation.
When you take the Ayurveda Challenge, it is like having a consultation with me everyday for one month that will help you experience a reduction of many of your symptoms.
I have used all of these Challenges with my patients in my 25 years of Ayurvedic practice with amazing results. Each of these Challenges have been clinically tested and, overwhelmingly, my patients tell me that these simple lifestyle changes have made a huge difference for them.
If I am getting great feedback on any one of these Challenges individually, imagine 23 of them incorporated into your existing lifestyle for a month!
How it works:
- Log In: Each day you will log on to our private membership site to learn about that day’s Challenge. When you register, we will immediately send you an email with your login information (it may take 1-3 hours to appear in your inbox). You can start right now if you wish.
- Daily Article, Video & Bonus Tip Sheet: For each Challenge I will give you a video, bite-sized article and a bonus tip sheet describing your new Challenge and how to incorporate it easily into your daily routine. Some of them are very simple and some will take a little bit more effort.
- Integration Days: Every few days, we give you an “Integration Day” so you can incorporate the prior days’ Challenges into your routine. During the Integration Days you will not be given a new Challenge and you will not receive a video that day. There are five such integration days, which leaves us with 23 days of Challenges.
- Start Anytime: If you are not ready to start tomorrow, you can log in whenever you want and start the 28 days at your own convenience. You can even pause halfway through, or repeat it as often as you like.As this is a self-directed course, you have the luxury of moving forward at your own pace.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What do I need to do the Challenge?
A: All you need is a computer (or tablet or smartphone) that can connect to the internet and watch videos. There are a few optional items that will help you complete some of the Challenges. Please see the Supply List below.
Q: Are there any contraindications for doing the Ayurveda Challenge?
A: There are no contraindications. If you have a serious or chronic medical condition, please follow at your own pace and consult your physician as needed.
Q: When can I start the Ayurveda Challenge?
A: As this is an online self-directed course, you can start and stop whenever you wish. You can even start tomorrow, or wait a month or two! You can repeat it at anytime.
Q: Who is this course designed for?
A: The Challenge is designed for householders and Ayurvedic students who wish to build a foundation of powerful Ayurvedic techniques to bring their body and mind back into balance. It is not a certification course to become an Ayurvedic Practitioner or Physician, which requires years of rigorous study.
Q: What if I need talk to Dr. Douillard personally?
A: The Challenge includes daily articles, videos and tip sheets that are extremely helpful. If you have any questions regarding your particular situation, please call us at 303.516.4848 to book a consultation with Dr. Douillard.
Supply List & Kit
To successfully complete a few of the steps in your new daily routine, you will need the items included in our Ayurveda Challenge Supply Kit, which includes:
- 100% Organic Nasya Oil: Specially herbalized oil traditionally used in Ayurveda to lubricate and protect the nasal passages.
- Neti Pot: Sturdy, lead-free ceramic pot for nasal cleansing. The advanced design of LifeSpa’s Neti Pot provides balance and ease of handling, easy clean-up, and reduced spillage during use.
- Neti Salt: Pure, non-iodized salt for the practice of nasal cleansing. LifeSpa’s Neti Salt is additive-free and contains no anti-caking agents. Pharmaceutical grade.
- Tongue Scraper: Traditional stainless steel tongue scrapers for the Ayurvedic practice of morning tongue scraping. Alternative: If you do not have a tongue scraper, you can use a large soup spoon turned upside down.
- 100% Organic Tri-Doshic Massage Oil (4 oz): LifeSpa’s Tri-Doshic Massage Oil is cooked with 11 herbs and oils that help the oil act as a calming agent to your nervous system, and deliver a deep moisturizing and therapeutic effect. This formula is 100% organic and suitable for all skin and body types.
If you already have some of the items in our Ayurveda Challenge Supply Kit, you can purchase only those items that you need.