March 23, 2016 | 64 minutes, 6 seconds
Nature provides the ideal harvest for each season to keep you strong, healthy, energized and focused. In the winter, we naturally crave soups, nuts, warm grains, and other high fat and protein foods such as meat and fish. In the spring, we want salads, berries, and leafy greens — a naturally low-fat diet. And in the summer, when the days are long and hot, we require cooling and high-energy foods such as fruits and vegetables, which are a naturally available high carbohydrate diet. New research suggests that our gut microbes are meant to change seasonally by the foods we eat. Seasonal microbes optimize digestion, mood and immunity – the way nature intended!
Further, Americans have lost the ability to burn fat. Inundated with added sugars in almost every product on the shelves, our bodies have adapted to burn sugar as our energy supply, when fat is our bodies preferred energy source! Of course, both work in the body as fuel – but fat is way more efficient and long-lasting compared to sugar. Sugar is quickly depleted in the body, and can leave the body completely exhausted, craving, and carrying around extra weight.
- Ayurvedic Weight Balancing
- Dangers of Frequent Eating
- Understanding Gluten
- Top 10 Weight Balancing Tips
- Understanding Cravings
- Digest Like An 18 Year Old Again
- “Zero Trans Fats” – Don’t Be Fooled
- 10 Lifestyle Tips for Perfect Digestion
- Perfecting Digestion with Herbs
- 5 Ways to Perfect Digestion with Food
- Can Fruit Make You Fat?
- Your Blood Sugar on Artificial Sweeteners
- 8 Tips for a Healthy Spring Diet
- The Cellulite Secret of Oranges
- Dangers of Distracted Eating
- Ten Ayurvedic Pillars for Weight Balancing
- Relieve Stress, Release Unwanted Fat
- How to Tame the Hunger Gene