- ½ cup yellow mung dahl beans, uncooked
- 1½ cups water (or homemade sodium-free vegetable broth)
- 15 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (or ½ tsp powdered)
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- ¼ cup guacamole
- ½ cup cilantro, freshly chopped (optional)
- 1 splash lime (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in 2 tsp ghee until tender.
- Add mung beans, tomatoes, and water with spices. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 15–30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Garnish with cilantro, lime, and guacamole, or pour over the Mexican Squash Mash.
This recipe is from the 3-Season Diet Challenge – a 12-month guide to eating with the seasons as nature intended. This FREE program takes you through a year of eating seasonally with month-to-month support and guidance. You can start the challenge anytime throughout the year. >>> Learn more and sign up here!
What did you think of this recipe? Have any tips or tricks to share?