LifeSpa is looking for an outstanding Staff Accountant who will intelligently, efficiently and compassionately apply the principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties. Responsible for handling the fundamental aspects for our financial recordkeeping, including recording transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements, and completing monthly and/or annual tax forms. This is a full-time position and punctuality is important.
—A/P and A/R—
– Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs and computer printouts.
– Completes records to or through trial balance and maintain chart of accounts.
– Weekly bank deposit of cash and checks received.
– Reconcile and balance all credit cards and merchant accounts.
– Pay bills and maintain ledgers.
– Enter journal entry adjustments as needed (due to/due from).
– Process all payments, reimbursements and check refunds.
– Keep all accounts current and in good standing.
– Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
– Calculates employee wages from records or time cards and prepares paychecks.
– Process direct deposit and biweekly payroll taxes.
– Coordinate POP plan filing for HSA benefit.
– Review employee withholding and benefit information and update as necessary.
– Assist with HR as needed.
—Budget and Funds—
– Assist with budget preparations.
– Maintain the petty cash fund.
– Maintain marketing, inventory, and tax savings funds.
—Internal Financial Reporting—
– Prepare monthly financial statements and reports, including the profit and loss statement and balance sheet.
– Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
– Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
– Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
– Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operation.
—Taxes and Year End—
– Prepare and file monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax.
– Prepare and file state withholding, social security, payroll and other taxes biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
– Work with controller and tax accountant to meet deadlines, create and implement strategies and keep accurate journals
– Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
– Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
– A minimum of 2 years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting is required.
– A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
– This position requires exceptional project management, communication, leadership skills, a team player attitude and the ability to work harmoniously with others.
– Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, think strategically, drive issues to conclusion and be able to develop creative solutions.
– Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
– Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
– Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel Spreadsheets.
– Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
– Better than average computer skills in Windows and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Between $20-25 based on experience.
Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP is a globally recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda and sports medicine. He is the creator of LifeSpa.com, the leading Ayurvedic health and wellness resource on the web. LifeSpa.com is evolving the way Ayurveda is understood around the world, with over 600 articles and videos proving ancient wisdom with modern science and the evidence-based products to back it up. Dr. John is the former Director of Player Development for the New Jersey Nets NBA team, author of 6 books, a repeat guest on the Dr. Oz show, and featured in Women’s World Magazine, Huffington Post, Yoga Journal and dozens of other publications. He directs LifeSpa, the 2013 Holistic Wellness Center of the year in Boulder, CO.
We are a close knit team of committed and devoted office staff who are eager to welcome a new Staff Accountant. We pride ourselves in creating a supportive team environment where we feel inspired about our contribution to LifeSpa’s mission and values, which are as follows:
•We provide the empowering knowledge of alternative health to the masses.
•We work as a team toward common goals with a spirit of respect, cooperation and collaboration.
•We encourage creativity, change and innovation without fear of failure.
•We are committed to integrity and a compassionate/nurturing professionalism.
•We practice harmony in our interactions with our clients, resources and environment.
•We take the initiative to grow personally, professionally and for LifeSpa as a whole.
—Benefits (after 3mo training)—
– Holiday and vacation PTO.
– Generous 100% covered Health Insurance premiums with HSA.
– 40% discount on all retail products.
– LSA (LifeSpa Savings Account) — prepaid spending account for LifeSpa purchases.
– Gain knowledge about Ayurveda, lifestyle, herbs, and stress relief techniques to benefit you and your loved ones.
—How to apply—
If you feel you are the right member for our team, please send an email to Janaki [at] lifespa [dot] com with the following items:
-Who is your role model and why?
tags: job, jobs, career, careers, position