LifeSpa is looking for an outstanding Office Manager with a passion for Ayurvedic medicine who will enthusiastically and respectfully manage and supervise all employees in Shipping, Marketing, Bookkeeping, Editorial, and Reception. Your exceptional organizational and communication skills will be an asset because we are constantly growing and are always working on new projects. Your ability to accurately prioritize tasks, work independently, excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail will be important in keeping the company on an even keel.
We want you to also bring your own unique valuable skills to our growing business (marketing is a huge plus!). We are seeking a reliable and solid team player that is interested in learning and growing in this position as the company grows. The right candidate will make important contributions in this role to the company’s long-term success.
This is a full-time on-site position, 40 hours/week on average with minimum office coverage between the office’s open hours of M-TH 9-5pm and Friday 9-3pm.
Scroll down for application instructions.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as personnel, information management, customer service, training, filing systems, and other clerical services.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Answering patient’s health, herbal and lifestyle questions via phone and email when necessary.
- Troubleshoot office problems as they arise, be it software, procedural, or HR.
- Prepares activities reports for guidance of management.
- Coordinates activities of various departments of workers.
- Participates as needed in various department projects and tasks.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance within office.
- Maintain FDA compliance within office.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, rewarding and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Administer performance reviews annually on the date of employee anniversaries.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains employee benefits programs with Accounting Dept and keeps employees informed of all such benefits.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending HR policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical HR records appropriately.
- Managing marketing schedule and coordinating marketing efforts office-wide.
- Assists in establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and executes marketing programs as they arise to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Help manage marketing budget.
- Maintains customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional project management, communication, leadership skills, a team player attitude and ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, think strategically, drive issues to conclusion and be able to develop creative solutions.
- Better than average computer skills in Windows and MS Office.
- Typing: 50+ wpm and data entry.
- Excellent communication skills, a team player attitude and the ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Bachelor or higher degree.
- PMP or Agile certification is a plus.
- HR experience is highly recommended.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a management role specific to management or other relevant areas is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with natural health lifestyle is required.
- Quickbooks experience is very helpful.
The starting wage is based on experience.
—Benefits (after 3 months)—
- Holiday and vacation PTO
- Generous 100% premium paid Health Insurance plan with HSA and Dental
- LSA (LifeSpa Savings Account) – pre-paid spending account for LifeSpa purchases.
- Ayurvedic Consultations when and as needed for employee. 40% discount for spouses and children.
- 40% discount on all retail products.
—How to apply—
If you feel you are the right member for our team, please send your application via email to Janaki [at] lifespa [dot] com.
Application must include:
- Cover letter
- A short description of why Ayurveda, or Natural Health in general, is of interest to you.
- Completed Employment Application (located here: https://lifespa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Application-for-Employment.pdf)
…. I will not reply to you if you do not include all 4 above items in your initial email application.
Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP is a globally recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda and sports medicine. He is the creator of LifeSpa.com, the leading Ayurvedic health and wellness resource on the web. LifeSpa.com is evolving the way Ayurveda is understood around the world, with over 800 articles and videos proving ancient wisdom with modern science and the evidence-based products to back it up. Dr. John is the former nutrition expert for the Nets NBA team, bestselling author of 7 books, a repeat guest on the Dr. Oz show, and featured in Women’s World Magazine, Huffington Post, Yoga Journal and dozens of other publications. He directs LifeSpa, the 2013 Holistic Wellness Center of the year in Boulder, CO.
We are a close knit team of committed and devoted office staff who are eager to welcome a new member to the team. We pride ourselves in creating a supportive team environment where we feel inspired about our contribution to LifeSpa’s mission and values, which are as follows:
Tags: job, jobs, career, careers, opening, position, positions, available, openings, office manager, manager, HR, office, marketing, operations