You are an amazing writer, story teller and editor. By the time you have read this post you have already thought of a more interesting way to deliver this content and you know your editing style and creative input will lead to building a better LifeSpa brand. Content editing is your specialty and you enjoy engaging in elements of marketing and SEO optimization. You love content to be visually pleasing and you are keen to collaborate and give input to graphic creation. You may or may not be a natural health and/or an Ayurvedic Guru, but either way you have a passion for natural health and a desire to use your fantastic content creation and editing skills to contribute to that world. You could be the Content Marketing Editor we want to be part of our team. If you resonate with this description, then please read on…
A rare opportunity for a Content Marketing Editor has opened up at LifeSpa. We are on the hunt to fill this unique position immediately, but we will be patient enough to wait for the right person. Our Content Marketing Editor will manage the creation and/or editorial of all our website, email marketing, digital and print media content; ensuring that all work follows editorial policies and standards. The person in this position will facilitate and help to create thought leadership and content initiatives while diversifying their skill set and working in a supportive, healthy and creative environment.
This is a full-time on-site position, 35 -40 hours/week on average with minimum office coverage between the office’s open hours of M-TH 9-5pm and Friday 9-3pm.
Scroll down to the end for application instructions.
- Manages editorial oversight of all digital and print content to ensure quality, clarity,
readability and uniqueness
- Writes, prepares, and/or reviews, edits and publishes all articles, email marketing and web content
- Manages the editorial content calendar
- Reviews all publications for disease claims and rewrites into a structure-function claim to the best of knowledge
- Regularly collaborates with LifeSpa’s Product Manager on article deadlines including placement of product sales and related marketing strategies
- Critically reviews all publications for fact-accuracy and controversial fact explanations
- Ensures article content undergoes the structured editorial process flow to guarantee quality standards
- Maintains consistency in LifeSpa branding, tone and messaging across email communications, web content and all media channels
- Maintains all content and editing on all of LifeSpa’s websites
- Coordinates the preparation of company publications by sourcing artwork, verifying facts and references, and editing for grammar and style
- Schedules, develops and publishes events in WordPress
- Designs, builds and deploys all email broadcasts, campaigns and online eCourses utilizing analytics code and URLs when appropriate. Tests all broadcasts, campaigns and eCourses for accuracy & efficiency
- Reports on campaign success using online tools such as Google Analytics and our email marketing platform
- Collaborates with Graphic Designer on the creation of graphics for website and email marketing
- Manages SEO optimization of all new and existing web content on LifeSpa websites
- Identifies weak areas on website, optimizes web pages and corrects errors in coding
- Re-writes, creates and submits new article content for publishing on other websites
- Creates and maintains all coupons codes/promotions on store.lifespa.com
- Manage 3rd party affiliate program accounts
- Works closely with Graphic Designer and Marketing Associate in the creation of
- marketing materials (products, eCourses, podcasts, events, emails, catalog, rack cards, etc.)
- An expert in grammar, messaging, writing and style
- Training and/or good narrative instincts in how to tell a compelling story using words, images, and video
- Bachelor or higher degree in relevant field (Journalism, Marketing, English or related communications field)
- 2 years of marketing or editorial experience
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- This position requires exceptional project management, communication, leadership skills, a team player attitude and the ability to work harmoniously with others
- Must be a self-starter, take pride in your work, fanatically detail oriented, think strategically, drive issues to conclusion and be able to develop creative solutions
- Proactive and open minded attitude when resolving problems and delivering results
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience with holistic/natural lifestyle is important. Knowledge of Ayurvedic herbs specifically is helpful but not necessary
- Familiarity with structure/function concepts and practice (FDA, DSHEA) would be extremely beneficial
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics and Infusionsoft (or other marketing platform) would be exceptionally helpful
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Better than average skills in windows and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Typing: 50+ wpm and data entry
The starting wage is based on experience.
—Benefits (after 3 months)—
- Holiday and vacation PTO
- Generous 100% premium paid Health Insurance plan with HSA and Dental
- LSA (LifeSpa Savings Account) – pre-paid spending account for LifeSpa purchases.
- Ayurvedic Consultations when and as needed for employee. 40% discount for spouses and children.
- 40% discount on all retail products.
—How to apply—
If you feel you are the right member for our team, please send your application via email to Helen [at] lifespa [dot] com.
Application must include:
- Cover letter
- A short description of why Ayurveda, or Natural Health in general, is of interest to you.
- Completed Employment Application (located here: Application)
6662 Gunpark Dr East, Ste 102, Boulder, CO 80301
Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP is a globally recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda, and sports medicine. He is the creator of LifeSpa.com, the leading Ayurvedic health and wellness resource on the web with 8.6M+ views on YouTube and 125k+ newsletter subscribers. LifeSpa.com is evolving the way Ayurveda is understood around the world, with thousands of articles and videos joining ancient wisdom with modern science. Dr. John is the former Director of Player Development for the New Jersey Nets NBA team, author of 7 health books including his newest Amazon bestseller Eat Wheat, a repeat guest on the Dr. Oz show, and has been featured in Woman’s World Magazine, Huffington Post, Yoga Journal, and dozens of other publications. He directs LifeSpa Ayurvedic Clinic, the 2013 Holistic Wellness Center of the Year in Boulder, CO.
We are a close knit team of committed and devoted office staff who are eager to welcome a new member to our team. We pride ourselves in creating a supportive team environment where we feel inspired about our contribution to LifeSpa’s mission and values, which are as follows:
• We provide the empowering knowledge of alternative health
to the masses.
• We work as a team toward common goals with a spirit of respect, cooperation and collaboration.
• We encourage creativity, change and innovation without fear of failure.
• We are committed to integrity and a compassionate/nurturing professionalism.
• We practice harmony in our interactions with each other and our clients, resources and environment.
• We take the initiative to grow personally, professionally and for LifeSpa as a whole.