During the summer, most of us experience an accumulation of heat in the body that will turn to dryness in the fall. In the winter, that dryness irritates the sinuses. When the sinuses dry out the mucus membranes react and produce reactive mucus, which acts as a breeding ground for an opportunistic bacterial or viral infection. In addition to colds and flus, we can experience other imbalances if we do not cleanse regularly.
To stay balanced, follow these Ayurvedic principles:
- On warmer, sunnier days eat off the Summer Grocery List.
- On colder, greyer days eat off the Winter Grocery List.
- Eat 2-4 apples per day until the end of October to cleanse your digestive system, pomegranate to flush your lymph and watermelon to cleanse your kidneys.
- Follow our easy, yet powerful, 4-day Short Home Cleanse.
- To prevent colds and flus take 2 caps each of Turmeric Plus and Ashwagandha in the morning. Children take 1 capsule of each.