Nearly 20 percent of all herbs are now considered endangered—this is around 10,000 species that are threatened and/or depleted completely. LifeSpa has proudly partnered with the Dunagiri Foundation to support the protection, preservation and traditional cultivation of the many endangered Ayurvedic herbs today.
Our first restoration herb of focus is Ayurveda’s most potent liver, lymph and spleen herb, Kutki (Picrorhiza kurroa). Kutki will be the first to join our new line of herbs, RARE: Reviving Ayurveda’s Rare Ecology.
Proceeds from the RARE line go towards supporting the farmers and villages who will be sustainably-cultivating this precious herb, so this a very important mission!
Don’t miss this podcast with Dunagiri founder, master herbalist and my dear friend, Prashanti de Jager, as we explore and put into action real solutions for saving disappearing Ayurvedic herbs.
Watch the Podcast:
Download the Podcast:
Air Date: June 25, 2018
Playtime: 73 minutes
Kutki: Kutki (Picrorhiza kurroa), one of Ayurveda’s most treasured and well researched herbs, has been used for millenniums to support liver, lymph, skin and digestion.
Kutki has been shown to protect, decongest and detoxify the liver and bile ducts, support healthy external skin, maintain the integrity of the intestinal and respiratory inner skin, and maintain healthy lymphatic, antioxidant and immune function. Kutki provides a multi-pronged approach to help the body resolve health issues globally without the risk of creating dependency.
- Dhanurveda: Spiritual Archery & The Vedic Science of Transformation
- Kutki: Reviving Ayurveda’s #1 Liver Loving Herb
- Ayurvedic Supplement Fact Page: Kutki
- Saving Endangered Herbs: RARE Project
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- The podcast will be available to watch, listen to and download anytime after the air date on this page.
- To receive an email reminder at the time of the airing of a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.
- Subscribe: via iTunes | via RSS feed | via Email Newsletter
- iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating! Here’s how to do it:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast that you want to listen to, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.