Blue Zones are areas around the world where there are inordinate concentrations of centenarians – people living healthily beyond the age of 100. Don’t miss this exciting interview with the author of the best-selling book The Blue Zones of Happiness and National Geographic fellow, Dan Buettner. We will dive deep into the most effective take-home strategies derived from the ancient wisdom of Blue Zone inhabitants. Let’s hack into the aging process and live as we were meant to: long, healthy and happy!
Watch the Podcast: Exploring Blue Zones with Dan Buettner
Download the Podcast: Exploring Blue Zones with Dan Buettner
Air Date: October 11, 2017
Playtime: 29 minutes
Get Dan’s Books:
Blue Zones Meet Ayurvedic Wisdom: In the best-selling book, The Blue Zones of Happiness, Dan Buettner discovered 9 commonalities shared by centenarian cultures around the world. In places like Loma Linda, California, Costa Rica, the islands of Okinawa, Sardinia and Greece’s Ikaria, people are living healthier, happier and longer than anywhere else in the world.
10 Surprising Facts About Centenarians: Many studies have been done recently on the lifestyles and diets of the “Blue Zone” people. These are areas around the world where there are high concentrations of people who live to be 100 and beyond, otherwise known as centenarians.
The Science of Longevity: For years, I have referred to the junction between the skin that lines the intestinal tract and the lymph that surrounds the intestines as, “the most important half-inch in the body.” New studies are suggesting that this area may be the most critical real estate in the body for optimal health and longevity.
Funding Longevity: A new study by scientists from Harvard, USC, Columbia and the University of Illinois found that researching longevity rather than disease would save 7.1 trillion dollars over the next 50 years.
The Life-Changing Benefits of Forest Bathing: Some call it “Tree Therapy” and others call it “Forest Bathing.” The sad truth is there is a growing body of evidence that suggests we have lost our connection with nature.
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- The podcast will be available to watch, listen to and download anytime after the air date on this page.
- To receive an email reminder at the time of the airing of a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.
- Subscribe: via iTunes | via RSS feed | via Email Newsletter
- iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating! Here’s how to do it:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast that you want to listen to, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.