The habits of the average cell phone user are quite astounding: Both kids and adults send more than 110 texts a day, check their phones 150 times per day and 46 percent of them say they could not live without their phones! (1)
Kids are going from simply liking their cell phones to wanting and needing them. Experts call this occurrence the “inflection point,” or the start of a cell phone addiction. Crossing that line into addiction is linked to sleep disturbance, distractions, difficulty focusing, poor social interactions, depression, poor learning and lack of self-esteem.
Taking a child’s phone away is being compared to and associated with the same symptoms that occur from drug/alcohol/nicotine withdrawal. Today’s children are in the middle of massive human experiment… and no one knows where this will go.
Join me as we dig into this very important topic to help our kids, and maybe even ourselves.
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! Most podcasts incorporate Live Q&A from our audience. You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- To join the audience for a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.
- Subscribe: via iTunes | via RSS feed | via Email Newsletter
- iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating! Here’s how to do it:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast that you want to listen to, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.