A core principle of healing and wellness in Ayurveda is understanding the connection between one’s body type and mother nature. There are 3 main body types also known as doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. The three body types are reflections of the qualities of nature: Vata = air & ether, Pitta = fire & water, Kapha = earth & water.
Every season, there is an accumulation of the extreme properties of that season. During the summer, heat or “pitta” accumulates. As the heat accumulates in August and September, we begin to dry out, overheat and inflame.
Becoming aware of how the accumulated heat of summer can put you at risk for constipation in November, sleep concerns in December, depression in January, a cold or flu in February or allergies next spring is critical to attaining optimal health. As we enter summer, learn how, why and when to cool and balance your pitta to prevent a host of seasonal health concerns in the months to come.
To get the most out of this podcast, take our Body Type Questionnaire so you can create a personalized plan according to your predominant body type.
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! Most podcasts incorporate Live Q&A from our audience. You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- To join the audience for a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.
- Subscribe: via iTunes | via RSS feed | via Email Newsletter
- iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating! Here’s how to do it:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast that you want to listen to, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.