When we think of immunity, we may think of a nebulous set of factors that contribute to our resistance against illness and infection. It’s a fact that the immunity, or protective mechanism of our bodies, is affected by many factors, some of which stand out among the rest as being especially influential.
One of these, according to Ayurveda is, not surprisingly, the strength and health of the digestive system. Eighty percent of the immune system lies in the half inch between the intestinal villi and the lymphatic drainage that surrounds the gut. That means that any digestive disturbance or discomfort may be impacting the villi, which in turn may impact the efficiency of the lymphatic drainage system on the other side of that half inch.
To safeguard immunity, Ayurveda proposes a stress-less lifestyle achieved by living “downstream,” which is basically living in harmony with the cycles of nature. Eating seasonally and having a supportive daily routine are two of the biggest steps in accomplishing this.
To Listen Online: (AUDIO ONLY):
Download the mp3:
Air Date: Varies throughout compilation
Playtime: 52 mins
Download mp3 (right-click here and select ‘save’)
- The Miracle of Lymph
- Support Your Immune System
- Soothe Your Sinuses & Cleanse Your Mind: Meet The Dynamic Duo
- Three Ninjas for Immunity
- Arrive Healthy! Reduce Airplane Stress
- Outsmart Seasonal Sneezing
- Epic Ayurvedic Cough Syrup
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! Most podcasts incorporate Live Q&A from our audience. You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- To join the audience for a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.
- Subscribe: via iTunes | via RSS feed | via Email Newsletter