Nature provides the ideal harvest for each season to keep you strong, healthy, energized and focused. In the winter, we naturally crave soups, nuts, warm grains, and other high fat and protein foods such as meat and fish. In the spring, we want salads, berries, and leafy greens — a naturally low-fat diet. And in the summer, when the days are long and hot, we require cooling and high-energy foods such as fruits and vegetables, which are a naturally available high carbohydrate diet. New research suggests that our gut microbes are meant to change seasonally by the foods we eat. Seasonal microbes optimize digestion, mood and immunity – the way nature intended!
Further, Americans have lost the ability to burn fat. Inundated with added sugars in almost every product on the shelves, our bodies have adapted to burn sugar as our energy supply, when fat is our bodies preferred energy source! Of course, both work in the body as fuel – but fat is way more efficient and long-lasting compared to sugar. Sugar is quickly depleted in the body, and can leave the body completely exhausted, craving, and carrying around extra weight.
To Listen Online: (AUDIO ONLY):
Download the mp3:
Air Date: Varies throughout compilation
Playtime: 1 hour 4 mins
Download mp3 (right-click here and select ‘save’)
- Ayurvedic Weight Loss
- Dangers of Frequent Eating
- Understanding Gluten
- Top 10 Weight Loss Tips
- Understanding Cravings
- Digest Like An 18 Year Old Again
- “Zero Trans Fats” – Don’t Be Fooled
- 10 Lifestyle Tips for Perfect Digestion
- Perfecting Digestion with Herbs
- 5 Ways to Perfect Digestion with Food
- Can Fruit Make You Fat?
- Your Blood Sugar on Artificial Sweeteners
- 8 Tips for a Healthy Spring Diet
- The Cellulite Secret of Oranges
- Dangers of Distracted Eating
- Ten Ayurvedic Pillars for Weight Balancing
- Relieve Stress, Release Unwanted Fat
- How to Tame the Hunger Gene
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- The podcast will be available to watch, listen to and download anytime after the air date on this page.
- To receive an email reminder at the time of the airing of a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.
- Subscribe: via iTunes | via RSS feed | via Email Newsletter
- iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating! Here’s how to do it:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast that you want to listen to, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.
sts Event Page will always have the schedule of events & registration links.