The two major reasons folks have trouble sleeping are deep exhaustion, where the body is too depleted to calm itself down for sleep, and unstable blood sugar. When the blood sugar is unstable, the body becomes dependent on burning carbohydrates and sugar for fuel. Consequently, when it’s time for bed and the body tries to make the blood sugar levels last for 8-9 hours, the blood sugar may crash and we may wake up hungry. To encourage uninterrupted sleep, we must have stable blood sugar and be great fat burners. In this podcast, learn how to create this for yourself with our list of well-referenced and time tested methods.
To Listen Online: (AUDIO ONLY):
Download the mp3:
Air Date: Varies throughout compilation
Playtime: 47 mins
Download mp3 (right-click here and select ‘save’)
- Sleep Support
- Sleep Interrupted? The Blood Sugar and Sleep Connection
- 10 Ayurvedic Secrets for Pure Energy and Contentment
- Amazing Benefits of Sleeping on Your Left Side
- Got Ojas? Nourish Your Vitality
- Live With the Natural Cycles
- Drink This and Sleep Like a Baby – It’s Delicious!
- Freedom From Fatigue
- Why You Can’t Sleep: The Dark Side of Blue Light
- Solutions to Night Work and Jet Lag Stress
- Top Ten Causes of Sleepless Nights
- Vedic Feng Shui for Sleep and Home
- Nightmarish Side Effects of Sleep Meds
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- Night Shift Survival
- Your Sleep Affects Aging and Thinking!
- The Amazing Benefits of a Siesta
Live Podcasts with John Douillard are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending Ancient Wisdom with Modern Science! You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.