The Colorado Cleanse is a 2-week, at-home Ayurvedic digestive detox and lymph cleanse program.
During the GROUP Colorado Cleanse, you will be cleansing together with a community of hundreds of people around the world. John Douillard provides step-by-step guidance via live Q&A calls, video lectures, daily emails with tips and inspiration, and an entire online private hub with tons of resources for a smooth, enjoyable and thorough cleansing experience.
You will also connect with your fellow cleansers on a private online forum, receive support and guidance from experienced cleansers and staff moderators, as well as have a platform to share your own unique experience.
First-time and repeat cleansers can all benefit from the encouragement and motivation that the education and support package offers.
The Colorado Cleanse can be done while working and leading your regular lifestyle.
What does the Colorado Cleanse involve?
During the 2-week Colorado Cleanse, you will do a daily practice of yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises, 12 minutes of aerobic exercise, take Ayurvedic herbal formulas that support the detox process, and eat a special diet. There are 3 phases of the cleanse:
To prep your body to flush deep-set toxins from their storage sites, we first make sure that your detox channels are functional by following an allergen-free, whole foods diet, eating 3 specific foods each day, and taking the specified herbal formulas. This phase focuses on:
- Balancing the blood sugar and restoring the intestinal mucosal barrier.
- De-stagnating the lymphatic system.
- De-congesting the liver, thinning the bile, and preparing to detox.
During this phase, you’ll eat a simplified diet of non-fat kitchari — a nourishing rice and bean dish prepared in a way to help re-boot your digestion. There are 3 meal options to choose from. You’ll also be drinking increasing amounts of ghee each morning, performing the ancient Ayurvedic process of oleation. Special self-inquiry exercises are employed in this phase to help bring to the surface and release old emotions, patterns and behaviors that store in the fat cells. Phase 2 is closed with a gentle laxative therapy on the evening of day 11. This phase focuses on:
- Resetting fat metabolism.
- Flushing the liver and detoxing fat-soluble chemicals, pesticides, and preservatives.
- Recognizing and releasing destructive emotions, patterns, and behaviors.
After Phase 2, you will return to the Phase 1 diet and add in a protocol that will reset your digestion and boost your digestive fire.
- Reset Digestive Strength: After the cleanse, reset your upper digestive strength, the lack of which is the most common cause of digestive issues.
A long-term well-being plan is provided during this post-cleanse phase.
Guidance and Support
Live Q&A Calls
During the Group Colorado Cleanse, I will host three live Q&A conference calls. These calls are unique opportunities to ask me questions and learn from the questions of fellow cleansers. Cleansers can listen from their device of choice.
These live calls are held on Monday evenings during the cleanse dates from 5:30 – 6:00pm Mountain (4:30pm Pacific, 6:30pm Central, 7:30pm Eastern). All calls are recorded and the replays are made available immediately after the calls take place.
5 Video lectures, 1 for each Phase of the Cleanse
During the cleanse, you will have access to an online hub where you can watch 5 different 15-20 minute video lectures where I discuss why each phase is important, how to prepare for it, protocols, and how to prevent any potential speed bumps. The video lectures are pre-recorded and you can watch them at your convenience:
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
Each morning during the cleanse, I will send you an email with all the instructions and protocols you need for that day. I will also include answers to frequently asked questions in the daily emails.
Online Community Forum
The private online forum for the Colorado Cleanse provides a chance to connect with new cleansers, repeat cleansers, and our LifeSpa staff. This is a great place to ask for advice, offer encouragement, share recipes and even connect with cleansers in your area that you can meet in person! I highly recommend taking advantage of it!
Colorado Cleanse Book 4.0
The restructured and expanded Colorado Cleanse + Seasonal Cookbook is designed to provide you an intuitive and streamlined daily guide to the Colorado Cleanse, as well as year-round seasonal eating guidance! Reorganized with information accessibility in mind, the fourth edition of this book is an indispensable and enduring resource for users of all backgrounds; from those who have just discovered the Ayurvedic philosophy to the most seasoned advocates of a Vedic lifestyle.
Here are a few highlights of this book:
- 85+ pages of detailed cleanse recipes with simple modifications for year-round enjoyment
- Expanded education on seasonal eating and cleanse modifications
- Updated day-by-day guides with sample daily routines for each phase of the cleanse
- Easy-to-follow tracking chart to record your daily progress
- Clarified cleanse protocols and grocery lists
- Revamped FAQs strategically located for each section
- Color-coded chapters to navigate quickly through the book
- General index to easily locate key concepts and information
- Recipe index for quick reference and daily use
- Peer-reviewed scientific research references throughout
If you have a previous edition of the book, you might be wondering if you need to buy another book. We strongly suggest that you to try out the fourth edition because we know that you’ll absolutely love the new layout and seasonal cookbook. If you choose to follow a previous edition, no problem! Just be aware that information on this website will henceforth reference the page numbers for the new book.
Take a peek inside…
Natural Detox DVD
This beautifully produced instructional DVD guides you through the daily detox yoga, meditation, breathing exercises and self-massage that you will do each day of the cleanse – and hopefully afterward. It also includes an educational Ayurvedic talk by Dr. Douillard on how to follow a seasonal detoxifying diet every day of the year. (If you do not own it yet, please choose the Complete Kit below, or you can add it as an Enhancement to the Repeat Kit or the Simply Herbs Kit.)
What does the Group Colorado Cleanse include?
We offer 3 different kit options, all which include the 7 Ayurvedic herbal formulas, and the online guidance (daily emails, live Q&A calls, 5 video lectures, online cleansing hub and private cleanser forum). To ensure a successful cleanse, all of the cleansing supplies listed in the Complete Kit are recommended.
- Do you need all of the cleansing supplies? Please choose the Complete Kit.
- Do you already own the Colorado Cleanse book and Natural Detox DVD? Please choose the Repeat Kit.
- Do you already own the Colorado Cleanse book, DVD, ghee, kitchari, and massage oil? Please choose the Simply Herbs Kit.
See cost comparison chart below.