The Colorado Cleanse is a 2-week, at-home Ayurvedic digestive detox and lymph cleanse program. You can do the Anytime Colorado Cleanse at your own convenience. The Colorado Cleanse can be done while working and leading your regular lifestyle.
What does the Colorado Cleanse involve?
During the 2-week Colorado Cleanse, you will do a daily practice of yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises, 12 minutes of aerobic exercise, take Ayurvedic herbal formulas that support the detox process, and eat a special diet. There are 3 phases of the cleanse:
To prep your body to flush deep-set toxins from their storage sites, we first make sure that your detox channels are functional by following an allergen-free, whole foods diet, eating 3 specific foods each day, and taking the specified herbal formulas. This phase focuses on:
- Balancing the blood sugar and restoring the intestinal mucosal barrier.
- De-stagnating the lymphatic system.
- De-congesting the liver, thinning the bile and preparing to detox.
During this phase, you’ll eat a simplified diet of non-fat kitchari — a nourishing rice and bean dish prepared in a way to help re-boot your digestion. There are 3 meal options to choose from. You’ll also be drinking increasing amounts of ghee each morning, performing the ancient Ayurvedic process of oleation. Special self-inquiry exercises are employed in this phase to help bring to the surface and release old emotions, patterns, and behaviors that store in the fat cells. Phase 2 is closed with a gentle laxative therapy on the evening of day 11. This phase focuses on:
- Resetting fat metabolism.
- Flushing the liver and detoxing fat-soluble chemicals, pesticides, and preservatives.
- Recognizing and releasing destructive emotions, patterns, and behaviors.
After Phase 2, you will return to the Phase 1 diet and add in a protocol that will reset your digestion and boost your digestive fire.
- Reset Digestive Strength: After the cleanse, reset your upper digestive strength, the lack of which is the most common cause of digestive issues.
A long-term well-being plan is provided during this post-cleanse phase.
Colorado Cleanse Book 4.0!
The restructured and expanded Colorado Cleanse + Seasonal Cookbook is designed to provide you an intuitive and streamlined daily guide to the Colorado Cleanse, as well as year-round seasonal eating guidance! Reorganized with information accessibility in mind, the fourth edition of this book is an indispensable and enduring resource for users of all backgrounds; from those who have just discovered the Ayurvedic philosophy to the most seasoned advocates of a Vedic lifestyle. The book is available in both paperback and as an eBook.
Here are a few highlights of what we’ve added:
- 85+ pages of detailed cleanse recipes with simple modifications for year-round enjoyment
- Expanded education on seasonal eating and cleanse modifications
- Updated day-by-day guides with sample daily routines for each phase of the cleanse
- Easy-to-follow tracking chart to record your daily progress
- Clarified cleanse protocols and grocery lists
- Revamped FAQs strategically located for each section
- Color-coded chapters to navigate quickly through the book
- General index to easily locate key concepts and information
- Recipe index for quick reference and daily use
- Peer-reviewed scientific research references throughout
If you have a previous edition of the book, you might be wondering if you need to buy another book. We strongly suggest that you to try out the fourth edition because we know that you’ll absolutely love the new layout and seasonal cookbook. If you choose to follow a previous edition, no problem! Just be aware that information on this website will henceforth reference the page numbers for the new book.
Take a peek inside…
Natural Detox DVD
This beautifully produced instructional DVD guides you through the daily detox yoga, meditation, breathing exercises and self-massage that you will do each day of the cleanse – and hopefully afterward. It also includes an educational Ayurvedic talk by Dr. Douillard on how to follow a seasonal detoxifying diet every day of the year. (If you do not own it yet, please choose the Complete Kit below, or you can add it as an Enhancement to the Repeat Kit or the Simply Herbs Kit.)
All material provided from LifeSpa for the Colorado Cleanse is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Schedule a private consult with John Douillard, DC or with a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. The instructions and advice presented from LifeSpa for the Colorado Cleanse are in no way intended as medical advice or as a substitute for medical counseling. The information should be used in conjunction with the guidance and care of your physician.
Consult your physician before beginning this program as you would any detox, weight loss or weight maintenance program. Your physician should be aware of all medical conditions that you may have as well as the medications and supplements you are taking.
Those of you who are on diuretics or diabetes medication or have liver or gallbladder disease or take any medications should proceed only under a doctor’s supervision. This program should not be used by patients on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.
You must be at least 16 years of age or older to do the Colorado Cleanse.
The Colorado Cleanse is a unique two-week at-home program designed to reset the body’s natural detox and digestive function while supporting a gentle detoxification of toxic fat cells.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I customize my cleanse kit?
A: Yes! If you wish to customize your supply kit, please visit our online store and select the “Build Your Own Kit” button under Cleanse Kits.
Q: What are Common Cleanse Alterations?
A: After you choose your kit (below), you will have the option to alter your cleanse kit based on several common conditions that our cleansers have inquired about over the years. Simply check which options you feel might apply to you and we’ll handle the rest automatically. We highly recommend these alterations based on Dr. Douillard’s 30 years of clinical practice:
- Constipation? Adds Elim 1 to your kit
- Candida? Adds 3 Mung Dahl bags and Gut Revival to your kit (removes Kitchari, if applicable)
- Severe Intolerance to Fats? Adds Coconut Oil to your kit (removes Ghee, if applicable)
Q: How can I improve my cleanse?
What does the Anytime Colorado Cleanse include?
We offer 3 different kit options, all of which include the 7 Ayurvedic herbal formulas. To ensure a successful cleanse, all of the cleansing supplies listed in the Complete Kit are recommended.
- Do you need all of the cleansing supplies? Please choose the Complete Kit.
- Do you already own the Colorado Cleanse book and Natural Detox DVD? Please choose the Repeat Kit.
- Do you already have the book, DVD, ghee, kitchari, and massage oil? Then you can choose the Simply Herbs Kit.
See cost comparison chart below.