You can do the Anytime Colorado Cleanse at your own convenience using the Colorado Cleanse book as guidance, or you can join us each Spring and Fall for the Guided Group Cleanse Event.
Do you want a more vibrantly healthy body in just two weeks?
- Do you feel sluggish, toxic or overweight?
- Have you been putting stuff into your body that makes you feel gross?
- Are you concerned about the constant environmental toxins we are exposed to?
- Do you want more energy and a stronger immune system?
- Do you want to balance weight and reset your body to crave naturally healthy foods?
- Have you changed your diet because you can’t digest certain foods well, such as dairy or gluten?
- Do mood swings and cravings overwhelm you?
- Do you want to release old habits, emotions, and behaviors?
- Do you want to do all of this naturally and gently, without extreme fasting or discomfort?
What is the Colorado Cleanse?
The Colorado Cleanse is a 2 week, at-home, Ayurvedic digestive detox and lymph cleanse program. Unlike other fad cleanses, the Colorado Cleanse is rooted in sound medical science and the ancient cleansing wisdom of Ayurveda. This kitchari cleanse has been developed by Dr. Douillard through decades of clinical practice with thousands of successful cleansers, many of whom are now its biggest fans.
Where fad cleanses emphasize extreme fasting and dangerously unbalanced diets, the Colorado Cleanse relies on a gentle, simple kitchari diet that allows the body to burn fat without hunger pains.
And where fad cleanses trigger blood sugar crashes, starvation-mode cravings and immediate binging afterward, the Colorado Cleanse balances the blood sugar, allowing the body to enjoy the contented blissful energy of natural fat-metabolism, while you continue working and going about your daily life.
The Colorado Cleanse is unique because it repairs the body’s detox and digestive channels before starting the detox. Cleansing without this preparation can move toxins from one fat cell to another, which defeats the purpose of cleansing and often manifests as stubborn digestive weakness and symptoms of lymphatic congestion.*
The Colorado Cleanse can be done while working and leading your regular lifestyle.
What does the Colorado Cleanse involve?
During the 2-week Colorado Cleanse, you will do a daily practice of yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises, 12 minutes of aerobic exercise, take Ayurvedic herbal formulas that support the detox process, and eat a special diet. There are 3 phases of the cleanse:
To prep your body to flush deep-set toxins from their storage sites, we first make sure that your detox channels are functional by following an allergen-free, whole foods diet, eating 3 specific foods each day, and taking the specified herbal formulas. This phase focuses on:
- Balancing the blood sugar and restoring the intestinal mucosal barrier.
- De-stagnating the lymphatic system.
- De-congesting the liver, thinning the bile, and preparing to detox.
During this phase, you’ll eat a simplified diet of non-fat kitchari — a nourishing rice and bean dish prepared in a way to help re-boot your digestion. There are 3 meal options to choose from. You’ll also be drinking increasing amounts of ghee each morning, performing the ancient Ayurvedic process of oleation. Special self-inquiry exercises are employed in this phase to help bring to the surface and release old emotions, patterns, and behaviors that store in the fat cells. Phase 2 is closed with a gentle laxative therapy on the evening of day 11. This phase focuses on:
- Resetting fat metabolism.
- Flushing the liver and detoxing fat-soluble chemicals, pesticides, and preservatives.
- Recognizing and releasing destructive emotions, patterns, and behaviors.
After Phase 2, you will return to the Phase 1 diet and add in a protocol that will reset your digestion and boost your digestive fire.
- Reset Digestive Strength: After the cleanse, reset your upper digestive strength, the lack of which is the most common cause of digestive issues.
A long-term well-being plan is provided during this post-cleanse phase.
Colorado Cleanse Book 4.0!
The restructured and expanded Colorado Cleanse + Seasonal Cookbook is designed to provide you an intuitive and streamlined daily guide to the Colorado Cleanse, as well as year-round seasonal eating guidance! Reorganized with information accessibility in mind, the fourth edition of this book is an indispensable and enduring resource for users of all backgrounds; from those who have just discovered the Ayurvedic philosophy to the most seasoned advocates of a Vedic lifestyle. The book is available in both paperback and as an eBook.
Here are a few highlights of what we’ve added:
- 85+ pages of detailed cleanse recipes with simple modifications for year-round enjoyment
- Expanded education on seasonal eating and cleanse modifications
- Updated day-by-day guides with sample daily routines for each phase of the cleanse
- Easy-to-follow tracking chart to record your daily progress
- Clarified cleanse protocols and grocery lists
- Revamped FAQs strategically located for each section
- Color-coded chapters to navigate quickly through the book
- General index to easily locate key concepts and information
- Recipe index for quick reference and daily use
- Peer-reviewed scientific research references throughout
If you have a previous edition of the book, you might be wondering if you need to buy another book. We strongly suggest that you to try out the fourth edition because we know that you’ll absolutely love the new layout and seasonal cookbook. If you choose to follow a previous edition, no problem! Just be aware that information on this website will henceforth reference the page numbers for the new book.
Take a peek inside…
**These patient reports reflect the results of individual patients and as results will vary, similar results should not be expected.**
As an editor for such publications as Yoga Journal and Natural Health, I see a lot of “detox plans.” Most are based on good intentions and pseudoscience. I enrolled in the Colorado Cleanse because I knew from first-hand experience and multiple interviews that John Douillard was the real deal.**
This is a cleanse based on a clear understanding of body dynamics. It’s not about suffering, fasting, denial; but about working with your own body rhythms to create better health.** My own results were undeniable. I lost 11 pounds. More important, my blood pressure dropped from 160/98 to 125/75. That is a HUGE gain in health.**
Thank you, Dr. Douillard.
~Kind regards, Hillari Dowdle
Colorado Cleanse Participant, May 2010
So many things amazed me about the cleanse. The tangible results were obvious – lost 11 pounds and it came off in places where it’s always hard to lose. I usually lose from the top down, but this weight came off my thighs, hips and middle first. My eyes were whiter and brighter and I felt so much lighter. I was tired initially, but that didn’t last and I slept so well. It felt so good to be taking the time to take care of myself.
Now the intangibles. I had some baseline blood work done a month before the cleanse and then again a week after so I could see those results. Wow! My cholesterol dropped 57 points, my TSH went from 6.31 to 1.85 and Lipoprotein (a) went from 72 to 7.And, mind you, I had been trying hard prior to the cleanse to manage those numbers with nutrition, diet, and exercise. So, something really clicked with the cleanse.
It was so helpful to do this as a group cleanse. The information and support made me much more aware of what was happening in my body.
Colorado Cleanse Participant, May 2012
Nothing but good news! In the two weeks, I not only shed the little bit of extra winter weight that my body just couldn’t let go, but systematically reprogrammed my attitude about food and revamped my eating habits. I had some reoccurring skin rashes that were similar to eczema around my ears – usually triggered by stress and dehydration – gone.I had a node in my neck that would come and go, but never really went away – gone (manjistha is my miracle!), I have found that when I do eat something “sinful” and delicious, my body processes it, and I don’t have lingering cravings.Overall, I found the cleanse to be THE MOST BENEFICIAL and thoughtful cleanse out there. No one goes hungry, and the blissful state of being that accompanies the cleanse is the best gift to self! Thank you, Dr. J!!
Colorado Cleanse Participant, May 2012