- 1 cup butter or ghee (2 sticks)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (1.1 pounds) of Chyawanprash
- 5 cups organic white or whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons aluminum-free baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer or large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar, then add the eggs (one at a time). Blend well, then add the chyawanprash and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and ginger.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, make balls of cookie dough, roll them in the natural sugar to lightly coat, and place them on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.