Recipe and Photo by Emma Frisch
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Yield: About 10 servings
- Carrots – 6 cups, chopped
- Parsnips – 2 1/2 cups, chopped
- Coconut oil – 1/4 cup
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon, grated
- Stock – 64 ounces of stock
- Whole coconut milk – 1 (12-ounce) can whole coconut milk
- Tarragon – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Avocado – 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. (Reduce heat and increase cooking time)
- In a large baking dish, toss the carrots and parsnips with coconut oil and grated ginger. Roast for 25 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the stock in a large soup pot. When the vegetables are ready, add them to the pot with the coconut milk and tarragon.
- Simmer the soup for 15 minutes. Remove from the stovetop and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add the soup to a food processor and blend into a puree (or use an immersion blender if you have one).
- Transfer the soup back to the soup pot to reheat if it has cooled too much.
- Serving with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or acorn squash seed oil, and a few wedges of avocado.
For more recipes by Emma Frisch, visit her food blog at www.emmafrisch.com
This recipe is from the 3-Season Diet Challenge – a 12-month guide to eating with the seasons as nature intended. This FREE program takes you through a year of eating seasonally with month-to-month support and guidance. You can start the challenge anytime throughout the year. >>> Learn more and sign up here!
What did you think of this recipe? Have any tips or tricks to share?