In This Article
Recipe and photo by Emma Frisch
- Prep Time: About 10 minutes
- Cook time: About 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Allergens: dairy
- Turnips – About 3 turnips, very thinly sliced
- Watermelon radish – About 3 watermelon radish, thinly sliced – mandolin (you can substitute regular radishes if you can’t find watermelon radish)
- Ghee or coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Tarragon – 1 teaspoon
- Parmesan – About 1/2 cup of thinly sliced ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced turnips and watermelon radish with the melted ghee or coconut oil and sea salt.
- Arrange the slices in a spiral pattern in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the gratin with tarragon and Parmesan ribbons.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, uncovered, until the edges of the roots and Parmesan are golden brown.
For more recipes by Emma Frisch, visit her food blog at www.emmafrisch.com
This recipe is from the 3-Season Diet Challenge – a 12-month guide to eating with the seasons as nature intended. This FREE program takes you through a year of eating seasonally with month-to-month support and guidance. You can start the challenge anytime throughout the year. >>> Learn more and sign up here!
What did you think of this recipe? Have any tips or tricks to share?