In This Article
Earth Day is Sunday, April 22nd this year… what can you do to show your love for our planet?
Aren’t we lucky to be on a beautiful planet with seasons that are perfectly designed to support all life?
This Earth Day, let’s show some appreciation for this wonder of a gift we have been given.
Below are a few ideas for action – and these are not just for Earth Day!
- Check out Eartheasy.com. This amazing website provides easy solutions for sustainable living.
- Eat mindfully and consume 50% fewer calories. Imagine if the world consumed 50% fewer calories? We just might feed the starving and save the planet too. >>> Learn more here
- Plan a neighborhood clean-up using Meetup or another community platform.
- Do some forest bathing and soak up nature’s amazing health benefits.
- Learn the top tips to safely go plant-based and help save the planet here.
- Plant a tree (or two!).
- Learn perhaps the simplest solution to the world’s food shortage crisis here.
- Start a garden and harvest your own veggies, fruits and herbs.
- Eat less meat: The meat industry generates nearly one-fifth of the man-made greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Help make a difference by limiting your meat consumption. It takes more than 2400 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of beef. Learn about how centenarians (people who live to over the age of 100) eat here.
- Start composting.
- As consumers, demand whole, organic foods. Pesticides are killing the earth’s beneficial microbes that help us digest, detox, and avoid disease. >>> Learn more here
- STOP using disposable plastic: bring your own bags to the grocery store.
- Buy in bulk when possible to reduce packaging.
- Buy local, in-season produce: Here is a link to find out what’s harvested seasonally in your area: https://www.localharvest.org/. Find farmers’ markets near you.
- Unplug your appliances when they are turned off.
- End junk mail: https://www.dmachoice.org/index.php. At this website you can request to start or stop receiving mail from individual companies, or from entire sets of companies. You can also call the businesses and organizations that are sending you the junk mail and request that they stop sending you mail.
- Consider getting solar panels for your home or business.
- Recycle your electronic waste: http://e-stewards.org/. Log on to their website and put in your zip-code to find the closest e-Waste recycling facility.
- Walk, bike or take public transit whenever you can.
- EAT SEASONALLY! Are you signed up for the 3-Season Diet Challenge Yet?
It is your FREE MONTHLY SEASONAL EATING GUIDE! This challenge takes you through a year of eating seasonally with month-to-month support and guidance. You also receive:
- Grocery lists for the season
- Superfoods for the season
- A special article and video for each month of the year from Dr. John
- Weekly seasonal recipes designed by Food Network Star, Emma Frisch
- Tips on how to eat seasonally
- Herbal suggestions to support optimal health for each month of the year (with special 15% OFF discounts each month!)
If you feel inspired, share what you plan to do for our planet on your social media outlets by hash-tagging #3SeasonDietChallenge. You never know, sharing your pledge with your friends and family may inspire them to take action as well. Even the smallest act matters!