October 5, 2020 | 60 minutes, 54 seconds
Join us for a conversation with James Nestor, author of New York Times best-selling book Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art.
About James Nestor
James Nestor is an author and journalist who has written for Scientific American, Outside, The New York Times, The Atlantic, and more. His latest book, Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art, was released May 26, 2020 by Riverhead/Penguin Random House. Breath was an instant New York Times bestseller and will be translated into more than 15 languages in 2021.
Nestor’s first book, Deep: Freediving, Renegade Science, and What the Ocean Tells Us About Ourselves, was published in 2014 and was a finalist for the 2015 PEN/ESPN Award For Literary Sports Writing, an Amazon Best Science Book of 2014, and more. Nestor has appeared on dozens of national television shows, including ABC’s Nightline and CBS Morning News, and on NPR. He lives and breathes in San Francisco.
Connect with James
- Body, Mind + Sport: The Mind-Body Guide to Lifelong Health, Fitness, and Your Personal Best by Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP
- Is Your Face Too Small for Wisdom Teeth? Non-Invasive Therapies for Snoring, Migraines, TMJ + More
- Jaws: The Story of a Hidden Epidemic by Paul R. Erlich
- The 10-Second Breath: Ujjayi Pranayama for Lungs, Nervous System + More
- Pranayama Prescription: What’s the Right Kumbhaka (Breath Hold) for You?
- Podcast: Functional Breathing with Patrick McKeown
- Strengthen Your Lungs Now: Pratiloma Pranayama + Inspiratory Muscle Training
- Breath Retention + Pranayama: the Performance-Enhancing Effects
- Finally, The Research For Nose Breathing Exercise – Part 1
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures blending ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science!
iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating!
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.