July 6, 2020 | 55 minutes, 48 seconds
In this podcast, Dr. John interviews scientist Mary Flynn, PhD, RD, LDN on her research on the health benefits of olive oil!
- How Much Olive Oil (EVOO) a Day Keeps the Doctor Away?
- How to Choose the Best Olive Oil (Beyond Organic + Extra Virgin)
- The Scary Facts about Polyunsaturated Fats (Vegetable Oils)
- Olive Oil Removes Debris + Toxins from the Brain
- Cooking with Olive Oil: Know Your Fats
- Dr. John’s Favorite Olive Oil
- Canola Oil: A GMO Marvel
- Is Your Olive Oil Real?
- Don’t Use These Oils
is an Associate Professor of Medicine (Clinical) at Brown University where she teaches undergraduate course in nutrition and a research dietitian at The Miriam Hospital, where she has worked since 1984. She also lectures in the Warren Alpert Medical School on nutrition related topics. Her main research interest is how food can be used as medicine and her main food of interest is extra virgin olive oil, which she has been researching since 1998. In 2013, she founded The Olive Oil Health Initiative of The Miriam Hospital at Brown University that has a mission of educating the public and medical community on the health benefits of olive oil.
She is co-author of the books LOW-FAT LIES, high fat frauds and the healthiest diet in the world (Lifeline Press, 1999) and A Pink Ribbon Diet (Da Capo Press, October 2010) which is a weight loss program and cookbook for women who have had breast cancer based on her research of the plant based, olive oil diet that she has developed.
Web | medfooddiet.com
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures blending ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science!
iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating!
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.