June 1, 2020 | 74 minutes, 52 seconds
In this podcast, Dr. John interviews Divya Alter, Ayurvedic chef, author of What to Eat for How You Feel: The New Ayurvedic Kitchen, and co-founder of the restaurant Divya’s Kitchen NYC.
- Body Type Quiz
- 3-Season Diet Guides
- Fruit: Ayurvedic Food Combining Guidelines
- Cooking Part 1: Foods that Harm
- Cooking Part 2: Foods that Protect Your Cells
- Benefits of Cooking with Low Heat
- The Dangers of Dining Out + 16 Ayurvedic Cooking Tips
Divya Alter is a certified nutritional consultant and educator in the Shaka Vansiya Ayurveda tradition. She is the cofounder of Bhagavat Life, the only Ayurvedic culinary school in New York. She and her husband Prentiss launched North America’s first Ayurvedic chef certification program and Divya’s Kitchen, an Ayurvedic restaurant in Manhattan. Divya is the author of What to Eat for How You Feel: The New Ayurvedic Kitchen (Rizzoli, 2017), now in its sixth print with a German edition underway.
Divya’s Kitchen in New York City since 2016
- 50 Best Restaurants for Vegetarians in America according to OpenTable, listed for two years in a row by USA Today
- OpenTable awards: Best Healthy Restaurant in Manhattan and the Tri-State Area, 10 Best Overall Restaurants in New York City, 2018 Diners Choice Award
- 10 Best Vegan Restaurants in New York, by New York Magazine
- Divya’s To-Go opening in 2020: second restaurant location for fast food service.
Bhagavat Life, Nonprofit Cooking School in New York City:
Our programs are dedicated to providing Ayurvedic culinary education—from introductory and seasonal classes to workshops to a nine-month culinary training. Over 20,000 people have taken our cooking classes and tried Ayurvedic cooking at home; there are so many life-changing stories.
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures blending ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science!
iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating!
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.