April 7, 2020 | 94 minutes, 00 seconds
In this podcast, Dr. John interviews Patrick McKeown, author of The Oxygen Advantage and founder of the Buteyko Clinic. Learn about the benefits of nasal breathing!
Read the associated article, guest authored by Patrick McKeown, here.
- Brahmari Pranayama: Enjoy 15x More Nitric Oxide Benefits with Humming
- Change Your Life Overnight with Mouth Tape: 20 Reasons to Nose Breathe While You Sleep
- 15 Benefits Of Breathing Through Your Nose During Exercise
- Unsung Health Benefits of Nose Breathing
- How & Why to Nose Breathe While Swimming
- Can Nose Breathing Boost Weight Loss?
- 032: Exercise, Fitness, Nose Breathing Podcast
- Finally, The Research For Nose Breathing Exercise – Part 1
- Risks of Vigorous Exercise: New Findings – Part 2
- Bliss Out While You Workout – Part 3
Irish international breathing expert and author Patrick McKeown completed his clinical training in Russia in 2002. Patrick is breathing adviser to Laird Hamilton’s XPT, Fellow of The Royal Society of Biology, and published by international medical journals and leading book publishers.
His latest book, The Oxygen Advantage (published in 14 languages), combines specially formulated techniques to reduce breathlessness during physical exercise, increase oxygen delivery to the brain, improve sleep and concentration, and remain focused under stress.
With 125 trained instructors across 30 countries, McKeown is recognized as a foremost authority in breathing for exercise performance and sleep. To date, Patrick has worked with elite military Special Forces, SWAT, as well as Olympic coaches and athletes.
“Using Oxygen Advantage for the reduction of stress in SWAT and other High Stress Law Enforcement activities is what I am most interested in now and I have a lot to work with thanks again to Patrick McKeown!”
JOEY WILLIAMS. SWAT COMMANDER RESPONSIBLE FOR TRAINING, BERKELEY, CA, USA
Connect with Patrick
Two hour training with Patrick, breathing for sports performance: oxygenadvantage.com/live-class
Oxygen Advantage instructor training: oxygenadvantage.com/teach-it
Learn the Buteyko Method for asthma, sleep apnea, anxiety + panic disorder with Patrick McKeown: buteykoclinic.com/clinic-with-patrick-mckeown
Buteyko Clinic International: buteykoclinic.com
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures blending ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science!
iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating!
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.