The great breakdown of the digestive system is responsible for a host of health concerns that, more often than not, start in the digestive tract. Join me as I take you through the genesis of the great digestive breakdown, and how to remedy some of the most common health concerns that stem from digestive imbalances. The bacteria in the intestinal tract are responsible for the lion’s share of the physiological functions in the body and, like the three little bears, the balance of the digestive system and intestinal skin must be just right… not too dry or not too wet. Let’s stop killing off the “bad bugs” and start employing logic, time-tested Ayurvedic wisdom, new modern science and clinically-proven strategies to bring the digestive system back into balance.
Watch the Podcast: Troubleshoot Your Intestinal Bacteria, Candida and SIBO
Download the Podcast:
Air Date: May 16, 2016
Playtime: 1 hour and 24 minutes
- Eat with the seasons >>> Sign up for our 3-Season Diet Challenge: A yearlong monthly seasonal eating guide
- Avoid high-fat, processed foods
- Stop overusing medications
- How to close the IC valve:
- Clockwise, upwards circular abdominal massage
- How to open the IC valve:
- Counterclockwise, downwards circular abdominal massage
- To pull the stomach down and break up the adhesions between the diaphragm and the stomach: Learn Stomach Pulling
- Scrub the intestinal tract with bitter roots and herbs
- Soothe the intestinal lining by eating more cooked vegetables, bone broth, soupy stews made with quinoa, easy-to-digest grains, kitchari
- Drink a large glass of water 30 minutes before the meal to pre-hydrate the stomach lining, buffer the stomach acid, and turn on the digestive fire
- De-stress your life: One Minute Meditation
- SIBO Starts In Your Stomach
- 5 Major Causes of Candida & SIBO
- Five Spices to Rock Your Digestive World
- IC Valve Massage: 2 Minute SIBO Therapy Rediscovered
- Starve Your SIBO & Candida
- SIBO: Elimination Matters
Herbs and Supplements Mentioned:
- Gut Revival Probiotic and Intestinal Restore
- Slippery Elm Prebiotic Formula
- Gentle Digest
- Liver Repair
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- The podcast will be available to watch, listen to and download anytime after the air date on this page.
- To receive an email reminder at the time of the airing of a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.
- Subscribe: iTunes | YouTube | email | Spotify | RSS
- iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating! Here’s how to do it:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast that you want to listen to, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.