A joint or articulation is the location at which two or more bones connect. Joints can become compromised in many ways, by many types of injuries and conditions. One major factor in the decline of joint health is an irregularity or imbalance in the body’s healthy immune response. When the immune response is out of whack, the areas around joints can become painful, swollen and stiff. Over time, the joints can become severely damaged.
Moderate and appropriate exercise is beneficial as movement lubricates the joints and prevents stagnation and stiffness within the joints. Strengthening the muscles around the joints also provides an extra frontier of support, especially for the weight-bearing joints of the hips and knees, helping to avoid compression and the unnecessary friction of joints rubbing together over time, which can happen when there is not enough of a muscular support structure around a given joint.
Certain herbs are also particularly helpful for regulating a healthy immune response, breaking up scar tissue, and promoting healthy circulation. Ayurveda has long relied on the herb Boswellia serrata to support healthy joints, and balance any pain or mobility issues already present.
To Listen Online: (AUDIO ONLY):
Download the mp3:
Air Date: Varies throughout compilation
Playtime: 40 mins
Download mp3 (right-click here and select ‘save’)
- Are Omega-3s Really Necessary?
- Can You Get Enough Calcium From Food?
- Balance Cholesterol Naturally
- How Much Protein Do You Need? (you’re probably not getting enough!)
- These Cherries Pack a Medicinal Punch
- Last Chance To Get Your Vitamin D Tested
- The Miracle of Lymph
- Protein Deficiency: The Hidden Signs
- Boswellia for Your Joints
- Let’s Build Some Bone!
- Belly Fat Linked to Bone Health
- Surprising Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
- Chicken Soup for Your Joint Pain
- Try This Trick for Common Aches and Pains
- Surprising Symptoms of Poor Digestion
- Mild Muscle Soreness
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! Most podcasts incorporate Live Q&A from our audience. You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- To join the audience for a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.