Nature provides the ideal harvest for each season to keep us strong, healthy, energized and focused. In the winter, we naturally crave soups, nuts, warm grains, and other high fat and protein foods such as meat and fish. In the spring, we want salads, berries, and leafy greens — a naturally low-fat diet. And in the summer, when the days are long and hot, we require cooling and high-energy foods such as fruits and vegetables, which are a naturally available high-carbohydrate diet. Join Dr. John on February 9th to hear the newest research proving why eating and living in harmony with the seasons is the best diet we can bless our bodies with.
Thanks for joining us for this free live podcast with John Douillard, “Change your Life with Nature’s Harvest” We apologize for the technical issues we experienced last night. There is ongoing construction across the street from our building, which has been interfering with our internet connection. Unfortunately, the video stream was too distorted to keep on our site, but the audio is ready and available to listen to and/or download. Thank you for your patience. We are developing a new back-up system to prevent these issues in the future. Check out the re-cap of the podcast below, and enjoy!
Listen to the Replay and Download the mp3:
Air Date: February 9, 2015
Playtime: 1 hour, 13 minutes
Dr. John mentioned a few key articles and products during the podcast. Here are quick links to those for further learning:
- Gut Revival is Back!
- Lessons from a Deer: Don’t Eat out of Season
- Eat Nature’s Harvest. Change Your Microbiome. Your Health Depends On It.
- A Holy Case for Raw Cheese
- Confused About Salt?
- The Mood-Microbe Connection
- Protein Deficiency: The Hidden Signs
- Are You Protein Deficient? Quiz
- Combat the Winter Woes with the Right Fiber
- How to Eat Less and Thrive Without Hunger
- 10 Reasons to Consider an Iodine Supplement
- Troubleshoot Your Thyroid
- Oil for Your Ears and Nose
- The Great Soap Debate – a 3-part series
Seasonal Grocery Lists:
- Transformational Awareness Technique – create a healthy microbiome through meditation and love
Slippery Elm Prebiotic Formula – Decoction or Tea: According to Ayurveda, the health of the intestinal wall was tended to with great care in innumerable ways. Today, there are many scientific studies confirming how these Ayurvedic therapies actually support a healthy microbiome as well as optimal digestive and overall health. My favorite such therapy that I have been using successfully in my practice for almost thirty years is a concentrated tea made out of chopped (not ground) slippery elm bark, marshmallow root and licorice root.
Gut Revival – Probiotic and Intestinal Restore: LifeSpa’s Gut Revival is a high-potency probiotic that is ideal for individuals seeking a comprehensive revival and restoration of healthy intestinal microecology while neutralizing the proliferation of bacterial toxins.
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! Most podcasts incorporate Live Q&A from our audience. You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- To join the audience for a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.