Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word derived from two roots: ayur, which means life, and veda, which means knowledge. It has its root in ancient Vedic science and encompasses our entire world – nature, the body, mind and spirit. Ayurveda focuses on prevention of illness and the body’s natural power to heal itself.
Ayurveda recognizes that all of life, whether it be human, plant or animal, must live in harmony with nature in order to survive. Like the owner’s manual for your car speaks of maintenance schedules for the long term health of your car, Ayurveda teaches daily and seasonal routines that ensure maximal health and longevity. In Ayurvedic medicine, prevention starts with a lifestyle that is in harmony with the changing cycles of nature.
To Listen Online: (AUDIO ONLY):
Visit: Volume 2: Ayurveda Podcast
Download the mp3:
Air Date: Varies throughout compilation
Playtime: 40 mins
Download mp3 (right-click here and select ‘save’)
- Ayurveda: Science of Life
- What is Ayurveda?
- New to Ayurvedic Body Types?
- FREE Body Type Analysis
- New to Ayurvedic Herbs?
- Eating Healthy with Ayurveda
- Get Your Ayurvedic Emotional Body Type
- Live with the Natural Cycles
- Lymph: The Elixir of Life
- Medical VS Alternative: When To Choose
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! Most podcasts incorporate Live Q&A from our audience. You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- To join the audience for a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.