LifeSpa is looking for an outstanding WordPress Developer who will manage the design and development of both back-end and front-end development in collaboration with our off-site Web Master, including working with WordPress themes and plugins for LifeSpa’s collection of websites (with over 400k in traffic per month). Another major component of this position is providing Junior IT support for the office staff by acting as the intermediary between the office and our off-site IT support company. And lastly, this position will manage the SEO needs of all of LifeSpa’s sites.
This is a full-time on-site position, 40 hours/week on average but the schedule is very flexible.
Scroll down for application instructions.
- Designing and implementing new web features and functionality.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Helping to launch new WooCommerce store that integrates with current WordPress site.
- Working with website database and optimizing data collection.
- Troubleshooting computer issues with staff before involving off-site IT company.
- Setting up new clients on the network and rebuilding clients as needed.
- Managing and rotating server backups.
- Optimize and analyze WordPress site for current SEO trends.
- Manage Google Adwords for appropriate competitive keywords.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git and/or SVN).
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Knowledge of SQL to help support database development is helpful.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Adwords is helpful.
- Excellent communication skills, a team player attitude and the ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, think strategically, drive issues to conclusion and be able to develop creative solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with natural health lifestyle is preferred.
- Bachelor degree or 2+ years’ experience in a related position is preferred.
The starting wage is based on experience.
—Benefits (after 3 months)—
- Holiday and vacation PTO
- Generous 100% premium paid Health Insurance plan with HSA and Dental
- LSA (LifeSpa Savings Account) – pre-paid spending account for LifeSpa purchases.
- Ayurvedic Consultations when and as needed for employee. 40% discount for spouses and children.
- 40% discount on all retail products.
—How to apply—
If you feel you are the right member for our team, please send your application via email to Janaki [at] lifespa [dot] com.
Application must include:
- – Resume
- – Cover letter
- – Portfolio site
- – A short description of why Ayurveda, or Natural Health in general, is of interest to you.
…. I will not reply to you if you do not include all 4 above items in your initial email application.
Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP is a globally recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda and sports medicine. He is the creator of LifeSpa.com, the leading Ayurvedic health and wellness resource on the web. LifeSpa.com is evolving the way Ayurveda is understood around the world, with over 800 articles and videos proving ancient wisdom with modern science and the evidence-based products to back it up. Dr. John is the former nutrition expert for the Nets NBA team, bestselling author of 7 books, a repeat guest on the Dr. Oz show, and featured in Women’s World Magazine, Huffington Post, Yoga Journal and dozens of other publications. He directs LifeSpa, the 2013 Holistic Wellness Center of the year in Boulder, CO.
We are a close knit team of committed and devoted office staff who are eager to welcome a new member to the team. We pride ourselves in creating a supportive team environment where we feel inspired about our contribution to LifeSpa’s mission and values, which are as follows:
Tags: job, jobs, career, careers, opening, position, positions, available, openings, wordpress, developer, programmer, IT, Information, Technology