While melatonin is most commonly known to treat sleep disorders, many may not know that melatonin is closely connected with the our circadian rhythms – our internal body clocks that regulate hormone levels, metabolism, gene expression, sleep and wakefulness, and appetite. The pineal gland produces melatonin, which keeps these rhythms in check.
Disruption of the circadian rhythms and decreases in melatonin can occur from light exposure at night, shift work, long hours, and/or aging, and has been associated with various serious health concerns, including increased risk of cancers, poor cognition, bone loss, sleep and weight issues, heart problems and more.
Join us in this podcast to learn about simple life hacks to minimize circadian disruption and boost the body’s natural production of melatonin.
Watch the Podcast: Groundbreaking Research on Melatonin with Dr. Paula Witt-Enderby
Download the Podcast: Groundbreaking Research on Melatonin with Dr. Paula Witt-Enderby
Air Date: June 5, 2017
Playtime: 1 hour, 4 minutes
For questions, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To open these PDFs, click on the pop-out button at the top right of the PDF box. The article will open in another tab and expand to full screen, where you have the option to save, download and/or print. Enjoy!
Podcasts with Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP are dynamic, hour-long lectures on a wide array of topics blending the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern science! Most podcasts incorporate Live Q&A from our audience. You can join us for free, from anywhere in the world, using either your phone or computer.
- Podcasts are held on an ever-growing array of topics, sometimes with expert guests.
- To join the audience for a specific podcast, register on the Podcasts Event Page.
- Subscribe: via iTunes | via RSS feed | via Email Newsletter
- iTunes almost exclusively ranks podcasts by Customer Ratings. If you enjoyed this podcast in iTunes, please leave a rating! Here’s how to do it:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- Find the podcast that you want to listen to, then click Ratings and Reviews.
- Under Customer Reviews, click Write a Review.