The Short Home Cleanse (SHC) is designed for those who would like a taste of our 14-day Colorado Cleanse.
The Short Home Cleanse is for you if you:
- Are ready to feel lighter, more peaceful, less prone to sickness + craving healthier foods.
- Can set aside a few days to eat a special cleansing diet.
- Are committed to prioritizing your health for at least four days.
- Are self-directed and can follow a detox plan on your own. Don’t worry—it’s easy.
- Need a program you can do with work + daily life.
- Don’t have any serious medical issues. If you do, please schedule a consult with Dr. John as he can tailor the detox to meet anyone’s needs. Phone, Skype, and in-person consults are available. Or show our Short Home Cleanse eBook to your health practitioner.
Each morning, you’ll perform the ancient Ayurvedic detox technique called oleation: drinking small amounts of ghee and then eating a non-fat diet of kitchari to force fat metabolism. Because fat is a stable, non-emergency fuel, you’ll feel calm.
Molecules of emotion and toxins are stored in our fat. This cleanse will help you remove these toxins, reset your digestion, and get you back on track to vibrant health.
- You’ll take three Ayurvedic herbal formulas to open your detox pathways, facilitate a deeper detox + improve digestion.
- You’ll eat a non-fat diet of kitchari, a special type of split yellow mung dahl beans + white basmati rice.
- The daily routine includes specific hydration protocols and stress-relieving practices.
- On the evening of day 4, you will do a gentle laxative to help remove toxins that the ghee and non-fat diet have loosened.
To do this cleanse, you need two things:
1. Short Home Cleanse Guide
2. Short Home Cleanse Supplies
You need three herb formulas, easy-to-prepare kitchari, and ghee. Everything you need for this cleanse is available in our Short Home Cleanse Complete Kit. (Alternatives to the herb formulas are listed in the Short Home Cleanse book and some supplies may be sourced locally).
Your short liver cleanse is just a real gem.
Upon seeing some of Dr. Valter Longo’s research on the fasting-mimicking diet, this idea of having a five-day stint in which you’re eating about 40-50% of your normal daily calorie intake on a quarterly basis—very similar to your idea of doing a seasonal cleanse: the improvements in cellular autophagy and the increase in longevity that he’s noted in his research sparked my motivation to do a kind of a quarterly cleanse—a quarterly caloric restriction habit—versus a strict five-day water fast and the way I’ve been achieving that is via your [Short Home Cleanse].
I make myself up a nice big batch of kitchari stew and I have my ghee every morning, I drink a big glass of celery juice with my stew. (I’m friends with Dr. William Davis who has a recipe for a fantastic el routerie probiotic yogurt and I put a dollop of that on the stew.) I’m happy as a clam having that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for five days at the beginning of each season and, man, it just works like a charm.
I do a lot of self-quantification; I do a lot of blood, urine, stool, and saliva testing and every time I do that [Short Home Cleanse], my liver enzymes just magically respond: they plummet. I digest food better and I feel as though my bile flow just becomes significantly increased. Thank you for producing that helpful little PDF—it’s quite nice to be able to work that in every quarter!