Short Home Cleanse
The Short Home Cleanse (SHC) was designed for those who would like a little taste of what our 14 day Colorado Cleanse is like, and busy folks who don’t have the time for a longer cleanse or one of our Panchakarma Retreats.
The Short Home Cleanse could be perfect for you if…
- You are ready to feel lighter, be more peaceful, get sick less and crave healthier foods.
- You can set aside a few days to eat our special cleansing diet.
- You are committed to prioritizing your health – at least for 4 days.
- You are self directed and can follow a detox plan on your own. Don’t worry – our plan is easy.
- You need a detox program that you can do while working.
- You don’t have any serious medical issues. If you do, please schedule a consult with John Douillard as he can custom tailor the SHC to meet anyone’s unique needs. Or download our free Short Home Cleanse eBook and show it to your health practitioner.
Included in your free Short Home Cleanse eBook…
- Why regular cleansing is essential to your health.
- Why and how the SHC supports the body’s natural ability to burn fat and detoxify itself.
- How to custom tailor the SHC to fit your life. Do you need to maintain a busy schedule or can you slow down for a few days and retreat? Either way you can easily do the SHC.
- How to facilitate a deep detox of toxins in your fat cells and rebalance your blood sugar levels with the oleation protocol (drinking ghee each morning).
- Four meal plan options to choose from based on your body’s unique needs.
- Our recipe for the nourishing and detoxifying kitchari, which is a traditional Ayurvedic rice and bean dish used for cleansing and digestive rebalancing.
- How and why to follow the herbal protocol. I recommend 3 LifeSpa Ayurvedic herbal formulas, but I have also listed alternatives that you can find at any health food store.
- Daily routines that will calm your nervous system, quiet your mind, de-stagnate your lymphatic system and increase the benefits of your detox. You can also continue all of these practices after the cleanse to combat stress and live more peacefully.
- Foods to avoid during the SHC.
- How to omit snacking to balance your blood sugar levels.
- A little known and powerful rehydration technique that will help reduce cravings, release toxins and improve your digestion.
- How and why to do the safe and gentle laxative on the evening of day 4.
- When to do the SHC and how often you can safely cleanse each year.
- How to cleanse based on the seasons.
- Suggestions for how to do a deeper, more intensive detoxification program next time.
“I’ve been doing the Short Home Cleanse for 5 years now, almost at the change of every season. The cleanse is so easy and short that I can never come up with a good enough excuse NOT to do it. My cravings are gone and I can usually coast a few more months without having to use any discipline – I just naturally want to eat clean. It also seems to get my digestion back on track again. I love how my skin glows and how flat my belly is. Whenever I feel a cold or flu coming on I immediately start the short home cleanse and usually by day 2 or 3 all my symptoms are gone and I avoided having a cold! Once it stopped a two week long allergy attack on the first day. So, I always make sure I have the herbs, ghee and kitchari ingredients on hand in case I need to start it. (Oh and sometimes I do it just to save money because eating only kitchari is way cheaper than regular food!). I recommend it to people all the time. Thanks for introducing me to it. I have a feeling it will just be one of those things I do to stay healthy for many more years. Maybe forever.” ~ TH
Summary of what you’ll do each day…
Each morning you will drink increasing amounts of melted ghee and eat a simple NON-FAT diet to force fat metabolism so you start burning off fat cells. Because fat is a stable, non-emergency fuel, you feel calm when you enter fat metabolism mode. Fat is a detox fuel because molecules of emotion, fat-soluble toxins and chemicals are stored in our fat cells. Some of the toxins stored in our fat cells are preservatives, DDT, dioxin, pollutants, pesticides and other cancer-causing chemicals.
- You’ll take 3 Ayurvedic herbal formulas to open your detox pathways, facilitate a deeper detox and improve digestion.
- You will eat a NON-FAT diet of kitchari, which is a special type of split yellow mung dal beans and white basmati rice. Your goal is to eat 3 meals a day without snacking.
- The Daily Routine includes specific hydration protocols and stress relieving practices.
- On the evening of day 4 you will do a gentle laxative that will help remove the toxins that the ghee and nonfat diet have loosened from your cells.
Supplies that you will need…
Below is a list of supplies you will need during your cleanse. We discuss each item in detail in your free Short Home Cleanse eBook. To make your life easier, we now offer two different Short Home Cleanse Kits, which include everything you need.
Complete Kit - $109.95 The Complete kit includes everything you need for a successful cleanse: all 3 Ayurvedic herbal formulas, entrees for 4 days (breakfast, lunch and dinner), and ghee (for oleation, as described in the free Short Home Cleanse eBook above).
Simply Herbs Kit – $49.95 The Simply Herbs kit includes all 3 of the Ayurvedic herbal formulas that you need for a successful cleanse. You will need to acquire your own ghee, and kitchari ingredients (our LifeSpa Kitchari Organic Packets or split yellow mung dahl beans).
Short Home Cleanse eBook – $0.00 Your free copy of the Short Home Cleanse eBook includes alternatives that you can find at any health food store.
You know that it’s time to start improving your health….
- Like most of us, you are probably overwhelmed by contradictory information, cravings that overrule your commitments to ‘eat better’ and your busy schedule.
- You’ve been too hesitant to try a harsher cleansing program, such as a juice fast or raw food diet, because you’re afraid you’ll collapse or be derailed by constant hunger.
- Despite your best intentions, you have been eating too many unhealthy foods, letting stress make you grumpy or not moving your body enough. (It’s okay – this is normal.)
- You often feel too exhausted or sluggish to start a new exercise program or diet.
- Perhaps you already eat pretty well and know how to relax despite a stressful life, but you still need to press your reset button. We all do.