Spring 2016 Group Cleanse Dates: May 10 – May 23
The Colorado Cleanse is a 2 week at-home Ayurvedic detox and digestive rejuvenation program. During the GROUP Colorado Cleanse, you will be cleansing together with a community of hundreds of people around the world. John Douillard will give us step-by-step guidance via Live Q&A calls, audio lectures, and daily emails.
You will also connect with your fellow cleansers on our online community forum, thereby receiving support and guidance from experienced cleansers, as well as having a platform to share your own unique experience. First-time and repeat cleansers all appreciate the encouragement and motivation that the education and support package offers.
The Colorado Cleanse can be done while working and leading your regular lifestyle.
Do you want a more vibrantly healthy body in just two weeks?
- Do you feel sluggish, toxic or overweight?
- Have you been putting stuff into your body that makes you feel gross?
- Are you concerned about the constant environmental toxins we are exposed to?
- Do you want more energy and a stronger immune system?
- Do you want to lose weight and reset your body to crave naturally healthy foods?
- Have you changed your diet because you can’t digest certain foods well, such as dairy or gluten?
- Do mood swings and cravings overwhelm you?
- Do you want to release old mental patterns, emotions and behaviors?
- Do you want to do all of this naturally and gently, without extreme fasting or discomfort?
What does the Colorado Cleanse involve?
During the 2-week Colorado Cleanse you will do a daily practice of yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises, 12 minutes of aerobic exercise, take Ayurvedic herbal formulas that support the detox process, and eat a special diet during the three phases:
PHASE 1 (Days 1-4)
To prepare your body to flush these toxins out of their storage sites, we will first make sure that your natural detox channels are functional by following an allergen-free whole foods diet, eating 3 specific foods each day, and taking the specified herbs. This will help:
- Balance Blood Sugar and Heal Intestinal Villi: Start by stabilizing your blood sugar and healing the intestinal mucosa of your intestinal tract.
- De-Stagnate the Lymphatic System: Improve the function of your lymphatic system, which drains the gut through the GALT (Gut Associated Lymphatic Tissue) where 80% of the body’s immune system is housed.
- Thin the Bile and Prepare to Detox: Once the detox channels of the lymph are moving, de-congest the liver and thin the bile. Adequate bile flow is critical in optimizing and maintaining the detox channels of the body.
PHASE 2 (Days 5-11)
During Phase 2, you will eat a simplified diet of nonfat kitchari, which is a specific type of rice and beans prepared in a way that helps heal the digestion. You will also be drinking increasing amounts of ghee each morning, performing an ancient Ayurvedic process called “Oleation.” You will close Phase 2 with a gentle laxative therapy on day 11.
- Reset Fat Metabolism, Flush the Liver and Detox Toxic Fat: Once the liver and bile are functioning better, cleanse the toxic chemicals that are stored in the fat cells.
- Do special Self-Inquiry Exercises to help release old emotions, patterns, habits and behaviors that store in the fat cells.
PHASE 3 (Days 12-14)
After Phase 2, you will return to the Phase 1 diet and add a Digestive Reset Protocol to boost your digestive fire.
- Reset Digestive Strength: After the cleanse, reset your upper digestive strength, the lack of which is the most common cause of digestive distress.
Continue by taking the herbal formulas until you finish your bottles. In addition, we recommend that you follow a seasonal, whole foods diet, which you will naturally have the craving for now.
Guidance and Support
Live Q&A Calls with John Douillard
During the Colorado Cleanse, I will do three Live Q&A Conference Calls where you will have an opportunity to ask me questions and learn from the questions of your fellow cleansers. You can listen from your phone or from your computer speakers. If you are not able to make the live call and have a question, you can email it ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer your question on the call or in one of the daily emails.
- 1st Live Q&A: Monday, May 9
- 2nd Live Q&A: Monday, May 16
- 3rd Live Q&A: Monday, May 23
* All calls are at 5:30 – 6:00pm Mountain (4:30pm Pacific, 6:30pm Central, 7:30pm Eastern).
* All calls will be recorded. You will be able to listen to the replay on the following day.
5 Audio lectures for each Phase of the Cleanse
During the cleanse, you will have access to an online hub where you can listen to 5 different 15-20 minute audio lectures where I discuss why each phase is important, how to prepare for it, protocols, and how to prevent any potential speed bumps. The lectures are pre-recorded and you can listen to them at your convenience:
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
Each morning during the cleanse, I will send you an email with all the instructions and protocols you need for that day. I will also include answers to frequently asked questions in the daily emails.
Online Community Forum
On our private Online Forum for the Colorado Cleanse, you will have a chance to connect with new cleansers, repeat cleansers, and our LifeSpa staff.This will be a great place to ask for advice, offer encouragement, share recipes and even connect with cleansers in your area that you can meet in person! I highly recommend taking advantage of it!
**NEW** and Improved Colorado Cleanse 3.0 book – exciting new procedures and simplified protocols
Yay! The newly revised Colorado Cleanse book is here. We’ve fully re-envisioned this book to create a full-color, easy-to-follow guide through all the what’s, why’s, and how’s of the Colorado Cleanse. Based on years of facilitating the Colorado Cleanse, the highly anticipated Third Edition of this book is designed to lead you through the smoothest cleanse experience possible.
Check Out These New Features:
- Clear day-by-day guide
- Short chapters
- Simpler protocols
- Full-color photos
- 35 pages of recipe inspirations to make the Colorado Cleanse more delicious than ever
- Updated FAQ’s chapter
If you have a previous edition of the book, you’re probably wondering if you really need to buy another book. We encourage you to try out the Third Edition because we trust that you’ll be blown away by how much easier it is to follow. If you choose to follow a previous edition, no problem! Just be aware that information on this website will henceforth reference the page numbers for the new book, and that certain protocols will have new names. If you join the Group Colorado Cleanse using a previous edition, your support package will include an electronic “What’s New and Different Guide” to familiarize you with the new protocol names.
Take a peak inside…
Natural Detox DVD
This beautifully produced instructional DVD guides you through the daily detox yoga, meditation, breathing exercises and self-massage that you will do each day of the cleanse – and hopefully afterwards. It also includes an educational Ayurvedic talk by Dr. Douillard on how to follow a seasonal detoxifying diet every day of the year. (If you do not own it yet, please choose the Complete Kit below, or you can add it as an Enhancement to the Repeat Kit or the Simply Herbs Kit.)
All material provided from LifeSpa for the Colorado Cleanse is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Schedule a private consult with John Douillard, DC or with a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. The instructions and advice presented from LifeSpa for the Colorado Cleanse are in no way intended as medical advice or as a substitute for medical counseling. The information should be used in conjunction with the guidance and care of your physician.
Consult your physician before beginning this program as you would any detox, weight loss or weight maintenance program. Your physician should be aware of all medical conditions that you may have as well as the medications and supplements you are taking.
Those of you who are on diuretics or diabetes medication or have liver or gallbladder disease or take any medications, should proceed only under a doctor’s supervision. This program should not be used by patients on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.
You must be at least 16 years of age or older to do the Colorado Cleanse.
The Colorado Cleanse is a unique two week at- home program designed to reset the body’s natural detox and digestive function while supporting a gentle detoxification of toxic fat cells.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I customize my cleanse kit?
A: Yes! If you wish to customize your supply kit, please visit our online store and select the “Build Your Own Kit” button under Cleanse Kits.
Q: I have sluggish bowels and can get constipated easily – how can I prevent this during the Colorado Cleanse?
A: After you choose your kit (below), you will have the option to add the herbal formula Elim I to your kit as an Enhancement. I highly recommend having it on hand in case you get constipated during the cleanse, especially if you can answer yes to one or more of these questions:
- Do you move your bowels less than once per day?
- Do you get constipated when you travel?
- Do you restrict certain foods to stay regular?
- Do you have dandruff or patches of dry skin ?
- Do you have irregular bowel habits?
Sometimes cleansers can become constipated during a cleanse because the body is saving energy to remove toxins rather than to digest food. Elim I lubricates and softens the intestinal wall, tones the bowel, and removes excess reactive mucus. Elim I is also a fantastic formula to have in your herbal medicine cabinet during times of stress, travel, or heavier meals.
Even if constipation is normally not an issue for you, please add Elim I if you have experienced sluggish bowels before.We don’t want you to be ˜stuck’ halfway through the cleanse and wish you had it!
Q: What are the Enhancements?
Q: I am registering for someone else. How do I make sure they get the Support and Guidance – Daily Emails and Live Q&A Calls?
A: If you are purchasing this kit for someone else, be sure to include their Full Name and Email in the Shopping Cart’s Comment box. This will ensure that they receive the full Support Package, including the Daily Emails and access to the live Q&A calls, Audio Lectures and Online Forum.
Q: I live outside of the US. How long do international shipments take?
A: If you live internationally, please register as soon as possible because we cannot guarantee when your package will clear customs in your country. Our International Deadline for shipping kits is April 12th, otherwise we cannot guarantee that you will receive your kit by the start of the cleanse.
Q: These dates don’t work for me. Do I have to wait until the next Colorado Cleanse?
A: You can do our self-guided Anytime Colorado Cleanse any day of the year.
Q: Can I register my students or clients as a group?
A: You may be a good fit for our LifeSpa Coach program – check it out!
What does the Group Colorado Cleanse include?
We offer three different registration options, all which include the Support and Guidance and the 7 Ayurvedic herbal formulas. To ensure a successful cleanse, all of the cleansing supplies listed in the Complete Kit are required.
- Do you need all of the cleansing supplies? Please choose the Complete Kit.
- Do you already own the Colorado Cleanse book and Natural Detox DVD? Please choose the Repeat Kit.
- Do you already have the book, DVD, ghee, kitchari, and Lymphatic Massage Oil? Then you can choose the Simply Herbs Kit.
What happens next:
- We will send you a welcome email from email@example.com (please add that email to your address book so it doesn’t end up in your spam filter). In addition, you will receive important emails as the event gets closer.
- Do you have a friend or loved one who would like to do a detox and digestion program like this? Invite them to sign up so you can keep each other motivated and inspired during – and after – the Colorado Cleanse.
- We are mailing the Supply Kits in batches. When we ship your kit, you will receive an email with tracking information. If you selected ‘pick up’ at our Boulder clinic, we will email you when it is ready. You will receive your kit by May 5, 2015.