The Colorado Cleanse is a 2 week at-home Ayurvedic detox and digestive rejuvenation program. The Colorado Cleanse is a 2 week at-home detox and digestive rejuvenation program. You can do the Anytime Colorado Cleanse at your own convenience. The Colorado Cleanse can be done while working and leading your regular lifestyle.
Do you want a more vibrantly healthy body in just two weeks?
- Do you feel sluggish, toxic or overweight?
- Have you been putting stuff into your body that makes you feel gross?
- Are you concerned about the constant environmental toxins we are exposed to?
- Do you want more energy and a stronger immune system?
- Do you want to balance weight and reset your body to crave naturally healthy foods?
- Have you changed your diet because you can’t digest certain foods well, such as dairy or gluten?
- Do mood swings and cravings overwhelm you?
- Do you want to release old habits, emotions and behaviors?
- Do you want to do all of this naturally and gently, without extreme fasting or discomfort?
What does the Colorado Cleanse involve?
During the 2-week Colorado Cleanse you will do a daily practice of yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises, 12 minutes of aerobic exercise, take Ayurvedic herbal formulas that support the detox process, and eat a special diet during the three phases:
PHASE 1 (Days 1-4)
To prepare your body to flush these toxins out of their storage sites, we will first make sure that your natural detox channels are functional by following an allergen-free whole foods diet, eating 3 specific foods each day, and taking the specified herbs. This will help:
- Balance Blood Sugar and Restore Intestinal Villi: Start by balancing your blood sugar and restoring the intestinal mucosa of your intestinal tract.
- De-Stagnate the Lymphatic System: Improve the function of your lymphatic system, which drains the gut through the GALT (Gut Associated Lymphatic Tissue) where 80% of the body’s immune system is housed.
- Thin the Bile and Prepare to Detox: Once the detox channels of the lymph are moving, de-congest the liver and thin the bile. Adequate bile flow is critical in optimizing and maintaining the detox channels of the body.
PHASE 2 (Days 5-11)
During Phase 2, you will eat a simplified diet of nonfat kitchari, which is a specific type of rice and beans prepared in a way that helps reboot the digestion. You will also be drinking increasing amounts of ghee each morning, performing an ancient Ayurvedic process called “Oleation.” You will close Phase 2 with a gentle laxative therapy on day 11.
- Reset Fat Metabolism, Flush the Liver and Detox Fat-Soluble Chemicals: Once the liver and bile are functioning as they should, cleanse the toxic chemicals that are stored in the fat cells.
- Do special Self-Inquiry Exercises to help release old emotions, habits and behaviors that store in the fat cells.
PHASE 3 (Days 12-14)
After Phase 2, you will return to the Phase 1 diet and add a Digestive Reset Protocol to boost your digestive fire.
- Reset Digestive Strength: After the cleanse, reset your upper digestive strength, the lack of which is the most common cause of digestive issues.
Continue by taking the herbal formulas until you finish your bottles. In addition, we recommend that you follow a seasonal, whole foods diet, which you will naturally have the craving for now.
**NEW** Colorado Cleanse Book 4.0!
The restructured and expanded Colorado Cleanse + Seasonal Cookbook is now available! This new edition is designed to provide you with year-round seasonal eating guidance (including recipes) as well as an intuitive and streamlined daily guide to the Colorado Cleanse. Reorganized with information accessibility in mind, the fourth edition of this book is an indispensable and enduring resource for users of all backgrounds; from those who have just discovered the Ayurvedic philosophy to the most seasoned advocates of a Vedic lifestyle.
Here are a few highlights of what we’ve added:
- 85+ pages of detailed cleanse recipes with simple modifications for year-round enjoyment
- Expanded education on seasonal eating and cleanse modifications
- Updated day-by-day guides with sample daily routines for each phase of the cleanse
- Easy-to-follow tracking chart to record your daily progress
- Clarified cleanse protocols and grocery lists
- Revamped FAQs strategically located for each section
- Color-coded chapters to navigate quickly through the book
- General index to easily locate key concepts and information
- Recipe index for quick reference and daily use
- Peer-reviewed scientific research references throughout
If you have a previous edition of the book, you might wondering if you want to buy another book. We strongly suggest that you to try out the fourth edition because we know that you’ll absolutely love the new layout and seasonal cookbook. If you choose to follow a previous edition, no problem! Just be aware that information on this website will henceforth reference the page numbers for the new book.
Take a peek inside…
Natural Detox DVD
This beautifully produced instructional DVD guides you through the daily detox yoga, meditation, breathing exercises and self-massage that you will do each day of the cleanse – and hopefully afterwards. It also includes an educational Ayurvedic talk by Dr. Douillard on how to follow a seasonal detoxifying diet every day of the year. (If you do not own it yet, please choose the Complete Kit below, or you can add it as an Enhancement to the Repeat Kit or the Simply Herbs Kit.)
All material provided from LifeSpa for the Colorado Cleanse is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Schedule a private consult with John Douillard, DC or with a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. The instructions and advice presented from LifeSpa for the Colorado Cleanse are in no way intended as medical advice or as a substitute for medical counseling. The information should be used in conjunction with the guidance and care of your physician.
Consult your physician before beginning this program as you would any detox, weight loss or weight maintenance program. Your physician should be aware of all medical conditions that you may have as well as the medications and supplements you are taking.
Those of you who are on diuretics or diabetes medication or have liver or gallbladder disease or take any medications, should proceed only under a doctor’s supervision. This program should not be used by patients on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.
You must be at least 16 years of age or older to do the Colorado Cleanse.
The Colorado Cleanse is a unique two week at- home program designed to reset the body’s natural detox and digestive function while supporting a gentle detoxification of toxic fat cells.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I customize my cleanse kit?
A: Yes! If you wish to customize your supply kit, please visit our online store and select the “Build Your Own Kit” button under Cleanse Kits.
Q: What are Common Cleanse Alterations?
A: After you choose your kit (below), you will have the option to alter your cleanse kit based on several common conditions that our cleansers have inquired about over the years. Simply check which options you feel might apply to you and we’ll handle the rest automatically. We highly recommend these alterations based on Dr. Douillard’s 30 years of clinical practice:
- Constipation? Adds Elim 1 to your kit
- Candida? Adds 3 Mung Dahl bags and Gut Revival to your kit (removes Kitchari, if applicable)
- Severe Intolerance to Fats? Adds Coconut Oil to your kit (removes Ghee, if applicable)
Q: How can I improve my cleanse?
What does the Anytime Colorado Cleanse include?
We offer three different options, all which include the 7 Ayurvedic herbal formulas. To ensure a successful cleanse, all of the cleansing supplies listed in the Complete Kit are required.
- Do you need all of the cleansing supplies? Please choose the Complete Kit.
- Do you already own the Colorado Cleanse book and Natural Detox DVD? Please choose the Repeat Kit.
- Do you already have the book, DVD, ghee, kitchari, and Lymphatic Massage Oil? Then you can choose the Simply Herbs Kit.